Re: Could not locate this item

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Champion

@CharmB789 I just sent you a pm/dm, so you can just respond to it in your inbox and attach the file...

• Please click the drop-down triangle by your name in the upper right of your screen:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.31.32 PM.png
  • In the dropdown please select 'Inbox'. You should find my message there:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.32.02 PM.png
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 36 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sorry but the problem is there is no place for me to attach the zip file. I know this is getting pretty frustrating for both of us. Sorry about that.

Message 22 of 36 (482 Views)
Highlighted

@CharmB789  You can't attach files to a PM.  Please upload the .zip file to a free filesharing site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and either PM SheriGR the link or post the link in a reply here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 36 (479 Views)

Champion

@CharmB789 I apologize! It's been over a year since I've dealt with a file there and forgot that zip files don't attach to the PM. Thank you for catching that, @puzzlezaddict ! 

Message 24 of 36 (471 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I want to upload the files to Google Drive. The problem is I still don't know how to share them which has been really frustrating for me.

Message 25 of 36 (453 Views)

@CharmB789  Sign into Google Drive.  Drag your .zip file to the browser window, and wait until it uploads.  Right-click on the file and select Get Link.  Be sure to select the option that "anyone with this link can view."  Copy the link, and you can provide it to whoever you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 36 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CharmB789 I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you. Hopefully this is the last step for you on getting the file to me. I am adding a link here with decent directions on how to upload your file to a Google Drive, and also directions on how to get a sharable link for that content you uploaded. You can then paste the shareable link to the item in your Google drive into a PM to me in the location we previously discussed:

Edit: Oops... I responded to the post before I saw you had, @puzzlezaddict 

Message 27 of 36 (444 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this link works but let me know what happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QueQ6jgb54DUFDH4aNbABS1Ns3dVZ-cQ/view?usp=sharing

Message 28 of 36 (414 Views)

Champion

@CharmB789 We tried adding these tray files and could not get the lot to come up correctly. It appears to be corrupted. Could you please try the following:

• Close your game.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference, as it contains your saves and tray folder, see my previous post for the use and importance of these files).
  • Start the game and it will create a new, clean 'The Sims 4' folder folder. Close the game.
  • Copy the 'saves' folder in your old 'The Sims 4' folder and use it to replace the 'saves' folder in the new 'The Sims 4' folder that was created. 
  • Then please load a save that contains the lot and see if you can enter the lot and save it properly to the library.

Message 29 of 36 (384 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I did the steps below except of having to create a new save and then replace it with my old save. Also, none of my saves has the broken lot. It's only in the library and not in the world.

Message 30 of 36 (367 Views)