Re: Could not locate this item

by SheriGR

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CharmB789 Good. If you have a functioning version of the lot that's in your game library that is very helpful. It's also helpful that the lot is in a different save and functioning there. 

With the combination of information in mind that you just shared I'm inclined to think the issue may be your CC. Please try removing your CC and the cache as follows:

Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

Even after removing the CC/Mod(s) causing the issue you may want to place the 'clean' (no CC) version of the home on the lot instead. I look forward to hearing how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 36 (585 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've already tried to move the mods and delete the localthumbcache.package file but even when I checked the broken lot in the gallery in The Sims 4 home menu, it still had the same problem. I don't know what else to do.Devil

Message 12 of 36 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CharmB789 Can you share the one in your library to the gallery and give me the exact title (call it something like "placement test issue"). Tell me what you named it and if your userID is different there. Please let me know here when you uploaded it to the gallery and I'll test in my game. Also please give some specific issues for me to check for. Thanks!

Message 13 of 36 (571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can't share it because I can't access it. As soon as I try to click the lot, it immediately says "Could not locate this item". What if I give the tray files instead? Will it still work? The lot is called Sapphire Shores. I don't know any other problems except what I described earlier. Other than saying "Could not locate this item", before I added the lot before slightly editing it, and when I tried to save it by both as new and overwrite, it didn't work. And when I checked again in the gallery, it said "Could not locate this item".

Message 14 of 36 (564 Views)

Champion

@CharmB789 It may help to clarify so that we're both on the same page for sure... The 'My Library' tab in your game is the lots, rooms and households that are saved into the library in your game. They will also be in the tray folder. https://sherigr.com/tutorials/saving-lot-to-sims-4-library-gallery/ So... when you get the message "Could not locate this item", are you hovering over the thumbnail in your Library or in the game's community Gallery (either in-game or in the browser)?

Sure, if you want to send me the tray files that would be awesome! Please send them to me in a pm at my profile's email. 

Message 15 of 36 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sorry. My bad. It was in the My Library section and not the Gallery section. This problem happens in My Library and not in the Gallery since I don't usually share anything. I don't exactly know how to send them in a pm at your email exactly. And I kinda don't know what pm is.

Message 16 of 36 (528 Views)

Champion

@CharmB789 No worries! You can send pm (private messages, aka dm - direct messages) by clicking your profile pic in the upper right corner, then clicking the black icon of a letter:
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 9.57.34 PM.png
That will open your messages/email area for the forum. you can send it there.

Message 17 of 36 (520 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

TBH, I don't know how to send the tray files to the PM. There doesn't seem to be anything to help me upload them.

Message 18 of 36 (517 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CharmB789 The tray files for the house would need to be found, copied, then zipped together into a folder to share. A few things that may help:

Message 19 of 36 (495 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've already created them as a zip and rar folder but I still can't send it to the pm. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

Message 20 of 36 (479 Views)