Could I play the sims 4 same profiles at different devices?

by daffive1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

HI 

example : 1.home (Mac) 2.office W10

Message 1 of 3 (1,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Could I play the sims 4 same profiles at different devices?

@daffive1  I'm not sure what you mean by "profiles," but yes, this should be possible.  You can install the game on multiple devices using the same Origin account; just make sure you sign out on one computer before trying to play on the other.

If you're looking to play the same saves, you'll need to manually transfer them back and forth.  There's no cloud saving for Sims 4.  Saves are located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and the entire folder can be copied from one computer to another.  The same goes for the Tray folder, which contains your saved household and builds.  You can transfer the files using a USB stick or by uploading them to and downloading them from cloud storage.

In either case, it's a good idea to zip the files, or the folder they're in, before moving them.  Both Windows and macOS can compress and extract .zip files; just right-click in either OS to see the option.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,773 Views)

All Replies

@daffive1  I'm not sure what you mean by "profiles," but yes, this should be possible.  You can install the game on multiple devices using the same Origin account; just make sure you sign out on one computer before trying to play on the other.

If you're looking to play the same saves, you'll need to manually transfer them back and forth.  There's no cloud saving for Sims 4.  Saves are located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and the entire folder can be copied from one computer to another.  The same goes for the Tray folder, which contains your saved household and builds.  You can transfer the files using a USB stick or by uploading them to and downloading them from cloud storage.

In either case, it's a good idea to zip the files, or the folder they're in, before moving them.  Both Windows and macOS can compress and extract .zip files; just right-click in either OS to see the option.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you , i thought the save files can be open at anywhere as long as we sign in. 

Message 3 of 3 (1,766 Views)