Re: Cotton living is not available in mainland China on steam

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna every mainland china steam players has the same problem.
steamdb display this dlc not available in china Steam store.
we want to know why this happened and can we buy it in china Steam store.if so,when can we buy it.
we just want play sims4.
Message 11 of 19 (634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We can see this DLC in the game and even see the Chinese trailer, but we Chinese steam players can't buy it at all

Message 12 of 19 (612 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this problem. I had contacted Steam client service staff. Their reply was that the cottage living expansion pack isn't provided to China region. I wonder if it's because EA unilaterally doesn't sell this expansion pack in China (on purpose) or any other reasons occur (such as Steam's policies, etc)

We really hope someone will give us a distinct answer so that we Chinese players can know what to do next.

Message 13 of 19 (570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really don't understand why EA is locking the mainland China

EA doesn't want to sell games to Chinese players.
This service attitude cannot compete with paralives and alter life.

Message 14 of 19 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @tianchingq

Thank you for running through the troubleshooting steps I linked above. It helps us rule out some potential causes. I'll be able to escalate this now. I'll update this thread when I have news to share on this. Be sure to subscribe to the thread, it'll help you receive notifications of thread updates. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 19 (529 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna wrote:

Hi @tianchingq

Thank you for running through the troubleshooting steps I linked above. It helps us rule out some potential causes. I'll be able to raise this on. I'll update this thread when I have news to share on this. Be sure to subscribe to the thread, it'll help you receive notifications of thread updates. 

- EA_Lanna

Hi Lanna

Glad to see your respond and thanks for your help.

Subscribed the thread already, hope the problem can be solved soon.

I appreciate your support.

Message 16 of 19 (519 Views)

Community Manager

Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to flag this issue with us and your patience while we looked into it. The new EP Cottage Living should now appear in your searches on Steam. Could you take a look and let us know if you can see it please?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 17 of 19 (932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
yes,we can see it now
Message 18 of 19 (445 Views)

Community Manager
Wonderful. Thank you @Miaow_CC_1433 getting back to us and letting us know.

Message 19 of 19 (440 Views)