Cottage Living – no bonus content

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all,

Marking as a solution just for visibility. We are still investigating the missing items. 

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently looking into the missing bonus items from Cottage Living pre-orders. 

Thanks for bearing with us while we're investigating!

/Kent

Update:

We are still investigating this issue and can provide further information here once available. 

If you are missing Bonus Content and purchased it through Origin or one of our Trusted Retailers, please reach out to one of our advisors with your purchase information for further assistance. 

Thanks!

/Illium

Kent.png
Message 21 of 341 (14,049 Views)

Cottage Living Bonus Content Is Now Missing

★★ Guide

Hi, I preordered CL last month on the PS4 store. The bonus content was in my game with the last update on Tuesday. After downloading CL today, the bonus items are now missing. Any idea how to get them back? Also the game shows I own the pack but PS4 store says unavailable instead of purchased. I’ve tried restarting the console but no luck. 

Message 22 of 341 (2,845 Views)

Re: "Cottage Living" Pre-Order Items not appearing in game

★★ Apprentice
@Savara08 I went ahead and contacted the retailer about it, but I wonder if we'll be heard now. I did contact the retailer before purchase too, just to make sure. They assured me the bonus content would be included if it was advertised, which it was!
Message 23 of 341 (2,858 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Amanda, you must have been lucky. The EA rep I spoke to didn't want to know and eventually told me to basically get lost before hanging up on me.

Message 24 of 341 (2,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the pack on Origin after the release time - not as a preorder. And I am also having this problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Message 25 of 341 (2,821 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I bought the physical copy of the expansion and also have this problem :/

Message 26 of 341 (2,787 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! Just wanted to add it is also affecting consoles.

Message 27 of 341 (2,757 Views)

★ Apprentice

I talked to EA Help on Twitter who told me that I purchased the "regular" pack edition instead of the pre-order version and that I'm not eligible for the bonus content. I referred them to their very own tweet that states it doesn't matter where you bought the code and that the only condition is to redeem the code by September 2nd. Also asked them about any official information on different game editions and how that's supposed to be obvious for costumers. They didn't want to hear any of it, said it was the retailer's fault and that the dealer wasn't trusted (they got a 4,7/5 rating on Trustpilot, duh) and then continued to ignore me. This is super messed up.

Message 28 of 341 (2,714 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bonehildy Yo what is this ? This is extremely messed up ? I also bought mine from another retailer and there are 2 CL packs in the list of expansion packs on origin.. one just says Cottage Living and the other one Cottage Living Expansion Pack. I currently have the "Expansion Pack" and suppose that is the one that is the "regular pack". EA once again being total garbage as a company.
Message 29 of 341 (2,685 Views)

Haven't received bonus early order items for Cottage Living EP

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I preordered the Cottage Living EP 10 days in advance. Everything installed fine, and is working as far as I can tell. I just do not have the bonus content that was supposed to be available. 

I know it's not the biggest problem but just don't understand why it isn't there. 

Message 30 of 341 (2,478 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help