Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

by oaana

Original Post

Problem with Cottage Living.

★★★ Newbie

I bought the expansion pack yesterday and for some reason the objects that you get buying it before September don't appear in the game. Someone knows why?

Message 101 of 341 (994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I bought from another retailer and downloaded the pack last night with no issues, but I didn’t get the pop up for the bonus content. Nothing appeared today either 

Message 102 of 341 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. Hopefully they will be able to fix it. 

Message 103 of 341 (1,074 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just added the "Me too". EA just posted a tweet saying that the problem should be resolved but I still don't have the bonus content in my game. Here is the tweet, let's see if it gets fixed soon. 

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1418697751903232008

Message 104 of 341 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this problem as well. I purchased through Origin. I sought help through EA live chat and they added the bonus content to my account. It only took a few minutes. I hope this helps. I'm not sure if this will be a viable solution for anyone who purchased outside of Origin though. 

Message 105 of 341 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, I am from Germany. I have pre-ordered the new DLC, but so far I have not received the bonus items and it is doubled in Origin. The objects from Cottage Living are all there. When will I receive my bonus objects. Thank you for your effort.

Message 106 of 341 (974 Views)

★★ Novice
@elliebreton Same here
Message 107 of 341 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Absolutely disgusting how you are treating people EA.

Yes, we got our game from non-official retailer because it's cheaper. Yes you can hide behind it. But why would you actually give wrong information to people saying it doesn't matter where they order from and they just need to enter the code before 2nd september? To be honest I could even accept this excuse if you didn't decide to help some people out of the blue.

Why would you give it to some people contacting you via EA HELP live chat and denies other people? I don't understand. I'm in the same case of some people here. I got it from CDKey, I tried to reach help via EA help live chat for 2 hours just to talk to a wall unable to do anything and help me. Repeating the same stuff all over again absolutely ignoring the mistake made on your end by giving wrong info. Yet somebode else in the same case got help and got the item added to their game...? why?

I don't think it's normal to treat your custormer like this. I don't think it's fair to help some, and leave some outside, almost SHAMING THEM for buying on a third party retailer.

I'm honestly sad and disappointed.

It's just 3 pixels items but the feeling of being unable to even defend myself or have somebody to hear and empathy to the issue is terrible.

Message 108 of 341 (927 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@oaana try live chat again! 

Sadly, the outcome seems to depend on who you get through to. My first try failed, my second try succeeded.

Message 109 of 341 (911 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@elliebreton I tried two time already they told me they can’t do anything about it. Im scared to be banned or punished for insisting... but i really want them to hear me out ):
Message 110 of 341 (1,047 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help