Re: Cottage Living green overtone (lighting, not landscape)

by nelejake

Original Post

Champion

@InfiniteVerve , while I do love the look personally of Henford on Bagley  😍, and agree with @Bluebellflora that it was probably intentional because England is usually very green and pretty🥰 , I think I understand what you are saying.  While I didn't notice it in the footage of Cottage Living so far, what you describe  does remind me of how in The Sims 2 Seasons EP each season had a different tone to the lighting outdoors.  Also, your example of the hidden world in Willow Creek was a good example.  

I am a sensitive person, and a lot of things that wouldn't bother most people are very bothersome to me.  Some people don't even notice what I find unbearable.  I have actually gotten a headache and nausea from when the game has a glitch when you leave Build/Buy Mode and the music still plays, and then you have to go into Build/Buy Mode again because you forgot something and then two songs are now playing over each other.😣  I have to exit out of the game, because if I don't I will get a headache and then nausea if this goes on for too long!  Fortunately they fixed the bug with that, and it hasn't happened to me in quite some time! 😅

While this might (somewhat) bother many people, I don't think most would have such a violent reaction to it.  That sounds like what you are going through with the lighting in Henford on Bagley and the hidden world in Willow Creek. 😓 I hope they adjust it some for you and anyone else who has problems with it.  But like @Bluebellflora  stated, we will probably have to wait until the game is actually released and then see if they need to change it in a patch.  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 19 (1,313 Views)

★ Expert

@PugLove888 I hope they don't wait for a patch. It would be the colour debacle all over again (that we had before). A stitch in time saves 9, as they say. Hopefully this pic (comparison) better represents the issue (can see how very 'green lit and dingy'; too much green lighting and grey surrounding).

Message 12 of 19 (1,298 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@InfiniteVerve 

You can not compare colors on images taken in different locations with widely different lighting conditions. Two of them are in bright sunshine the two on the top cloudy and the top right one appears to be either morning or evening. To make matters worse those you compare with where not taken by you but someone else where you have no idea what their settings are. As you can imagine it will be impossible to do any kind of adjustments based on that. When you have the final product and can take your own pictures then it can be assessed if the colors you see as bad are because of your graphics settings (if you still see them that way) as others now will be able to compare them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 19 (1,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@InfiniteVerve... As @jpkarlsen points out, in this game you must have the same conditions to make a comparison. I've become painfully aware of this when loading a lot to the gallery. Location, season, weather condition, time of day, and sometimes 'world', all make significant differences in the lighting (and hue). Hopefully you will find when the pack releases that the world will not have a tint issue for you, and that it's one of those factors (or a combination), or some of the Game Changers' screen settings (don't get me started on that one), that was causing this appearance when you watched them. 

We've had worlds with a 'cast' for a gameplay reason (Evergreen Harbor, StrangerVille). I also just popped into Forgotten Hollow - where I never play - and it seems a bit different, and Brindleton Bay has always seemed a bit saturated to me. But that makes gameplay sense. Brindleton Bay is rainy and somewhat lush. Sulani is also quite lush and colorful. That all makes sense.

Personally, I would love if the world is a bit saturated to emphasize the plant health and English countryside feel (since they have a fair amount of rain, which most plants love and flourish in). However, if there is a hue to the new world that ends up bothering players, especially strongly, I expect this will end up addressed in a patch, as others have said here. I hope it will only be a bit saturated (not an issue) rather than tinted, and that you will enjoy it a great deal! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 14 of 19 (1,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I did take pictures at the same time of day (you can see time of day on the UI of the game/play that the GC's and that the team did during the live stream). I did that to make sure it was a good comparison, and the evidence is definitely there. All comparisons also were done without the Seasons pack, so there are no other interferences. And, again, the images (game) viewed were on several different rigs/monitors- all, again, with the same conclusion (only barely even noticeable, on one rig, slight variance, but still very green/dingy). I do realize that the main responders are trying to sell the game. I get it- no sense in bringing things to attention.

Message 15 of 19 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 you sound just like me lol, I am very sensitive to the same visuals and sounds you mentioned.
Message 16 of 19 (881 Views)

Champion

@nelejake , we could start our own club! 😅🥰  I've always had similar issues since I was a child, but as I get older, things that used to not bother me have started to bother me, (for example, I'm much more likely to get motion sickness now).  Hopefully that isn't the same for you! 🤞

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 17 of 19 (793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 same here since I was small, had 2 surgeries when I was 3 but not much help. I unfortunately also have bad photo-phobia which is head splitting (mind you I'm a SIMaholic so still play lol.
Message 18 of 19 (594 Views)

Champion

@nelejake I'm sorry about your surgeries when you were young, as well as the photophobia! 😭  But I'm happy you can still play the Sims! 🥰Party hat
Many of us are also SIMaholics! 🤣

Message 19 of 19 (534 Views)