by thecharsims

Original Post

[Cottage Living] Villagers Lost Their Active Roles and Became Townies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except ROM and the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a while, do errands for all 3 sims. Grocery guy, grocery lady and the mayor. Save, go back and play for a day or so.
What happens when the bug occurs? Villagers all lost their roles as the Grocery Stall attendant, grocery deliverer and Mayor.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the roles of the villagers to remain unchanged.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch that we got that was suppose to fix the issues that came with the last patch for the Cottage Living EP release. The patch mentioned fixing the grocery food delivery system where the food was not being delivered in some people's games, among other things etc. (which a lot of it was not fixed)....

The details:
I played for about a sim week. I introduced my sim to all the main villagers except for the bartender. She met up with the lady who runs the grocery stall, the mayor and the teen boy who allegedly delivers groceries around town. I have played cottage living for a good bit and saved my game several times before and logged off. When I logged back into my game all was fine prior to the 2nd patch. It wasn't until that most recent patch that we received, which was to fix for the grocery delivering issues with zoomers, that all of the villagers my sim was doing errands for had lost their roles. I even went to a previous save where they had their roles and by the next day, their roles were removed again. I didn't change the villagers nor did I play them or anything. I've tested this issue twice and got the same result. Meanwhile, my sim has all these errands that she was suppose to do for the original grocery deliverer, mayor and grocery stall owner and they are now null and void. I had to make new introductions to the new villagers who received those roles and it started me all over again, despite being in the middle of the original errands.

I don't have any pictures at this time but I literally saw the grocery stall owner walk away from her stall after closing up and her role just disappeared at random. She became a regular townie.

Message 1 of 27 (4,924 Views)

Re: [Cottage Living] Villagers Lost Their Active Roles and Became Townies

★★ Guide

If you are using mods that’s likely the cause, many mods such as MCCC will change the roles of NPC Sims (depending on settings), essentially any mod that changes how townies behave. You may want to test on a mod free new save, and remember to delete the localthumbcache file from your TS4 folder after removing mods. 

Message 2 of 27 (4,900 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims I agree that this sounds like a mod issue

Please test on vanilla.

Also if you edit your townies that will also make them loose their roles but I don't think from your description that you did this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (4,878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Kita5399I understand that. However, MCCC has a specific module, "careers", that creates roles/new jobs for sims and I do not have that module in my game for that very reason. In the past, that specific module kept giving my played sims careers so I removed it. Since then, I have never used it and have never had sims or seen sims get put into careers at random once it was removed. This was years ago but I did update all my mods so I will test.

Message 4 of 27 (4,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictHi, I will test on a vanilla save and see if the problem persists. Although, as I mentioned to the other person above, I don't have a mod in that would/should alter careers. I haven't had an issue with my sims played and unplayed, being removed or added to careers before. A long time ago, I used a module via MCCC that altered careers but I haven't used/added that to my game in years. And no, I didn't edit, change or play with any of those townies. It is strange though bcus prior to the 2nd update, the villagers still kept their roles when I saved and left the game. I have saved and exited the game and came back plenty of times to play and their roles were all intact until the 2nd patch. Maybe coincidence?
Anyway, I'll test it out. Also, I had asked in a different thread if there was a way to tag you in a post. I made a few other ones that haven't been seen and was wondering about those issues, too.
Thank you.

Message 5 of 27 (4,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thecharsims if it's about your family tree thread, I don't deal with those. There's too many different causes to this. Also, I don't answer everything anymore, doesn't mean I haven't seen it :D

Please see this for more info: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

if you tag me I do usually see it but when it's really busy like right now, I might overlook but it can have other reasons.

QA probably picked it up already but they usually don't answer. They see everything. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (4,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictAww, that's unfortunate. I feel like you all who are close to the gurus are more able to bring awareness to these issues where we're able to see results as opposed to someone like me whom they tend to ignore. Anyway, yes, it was the family tree post. I just saw someone had responded to it earlier. Aside from that one, I also created a post regarding my save files taking forever to delete. That issue was a result of the patch that changed the UI. The hairs in game load so slow with no cc added. My posts kept getting drowned in with the other posts and I didn't see any mention on whether or not any of the topics I created had been a known thing. I didn't know you weren't dealing with the family issue anymore. Apologies. I didn't know.

Message 7 of 27 (4,847 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims You might want to read this for some insight on the bug process: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991958/bugs-and-the-sims-101-everything-you-need-to-know...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (4,839 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Ok, thanks
Message 9 of 27 (4,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictHi, I just wanted to come back and inform you that I did test out all my mods on a previous save and none of them caused the roles of the villagers to change. I played 2 days throughout this test on every single mod. I even tested my cc alone to see if it had anything to do with the roles changing and I got nothing. It could possibly be that there was a fluke within the actual game. Should I create a new thread or something for the issue?

EDIT:

Well, I feel super slow lol I actually noticed that the villagers lost their roles due to them being placed into homes which is why their roles were longer available. However, I wasn't the one that placed them in homes. I suppose they moved in on their own or it could've been MC. I'm not sure. Thank you, anyway.

Message 10 of 27 (4,767 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help