Re: (Cottage Living) Can wild foxes go through locked doors/gates?

by sallinger79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(Cottage Living) Can wild foxes go through locked doors/gates?

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, I know this is kind of a stupid question, but I'd like to know because I want to keep my doors and gates locked because random NPCs like to enter my yard uninvited and I want them to leave my animals alone. However, I do want to play with the Wild Foxes lot challenge and have it actually be a challenge, which it wouldn't be if they can't get to my crops/animals because of locked gates.

Message 1 of 6 (4,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@MayaMoon1397 

They can easily jump the fences.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (4,654 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@MayaMoon1397 

They can easily jump the fences.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (4,655 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, didnt know they could jump fences. Do have doors and gates locked, as of now, its working. Too bad there isnt fox traps or something....  

Message 3 of 6 (4,631 Views)

Champion

@LilSnakeHips and @MayaMoon1397 in addition to the remarks @jpkarlsen made. You can upgrade your hen houses/ chicken coops and when your sim succeeded the nerd brain aspiration and gained the trait that comes with it, it should be fairly easy. With this upgrades your hen houses will be equipped with a nasty fox alarm. That might come in handy. 

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 6 (4,625 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I have one of the big stone fences around my coop with a solid locked gate and have yet to see a fox in there.  They circle but don't go in. 

I don't know if that means they CAN'T, just that I've been playing for some time and they don't.

I did, however, have to lock my front door to keep them out of my house.  :P

Message 5 of 6 (4,572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't seen a fox jump a fence. They can go through gates, but if you lock them for all pets it seems to keep them out. The wild foxes on my lot prowl around the outside of the fence, and crouch down and growl, but they haven't gotten in since I locked the gate.

The lock feature seems to be a bit glitchy, though. I want foxes locked out and chickens locked in, but the first time I applied these settings to my current lot the chickens kept wandering all over the place and when I clicked lock for chickens again, a fox got in and stole one of their eggs. Now I have it locked for everyone and allowed access to only the household, and that seems to be working. On the last lot I played, locking the gate for pets and chickens worked fine.

Message 6 of 6 (4,538 Views)