Cottage Living Anomalies or Bugs

by tommynocker001

Original Post

Cottage Living Anomalies or Bugs

★ Guide

I'm enjoying the pack so far, it's got some potential. Standard smile

However;

A sim takes FOREVER to cross the world. They walk when they should run, run when they should walk and generally wet themselves or maybe STARVE TO DEATH while trying to get to the creature Keepers cottage. Teen sims in a mood are the worst for this!

When attending a fair and returning, vampire sims in hibernation have awoken, and are usually VERY hungry. Sims beware!

Whilst on fairs; I submitted a cow and some milk. There was only one other cow in the competition and mine was the only milk... my cow was leagues above the other cow in happiness and my milk was normal. I still managed to get a third place ribbon in what was technically a two cow race!

The same with my perfect plasma fruit versus the Childs normal potato. I got a participation award! X) Henley-on-Bagford fairs are rigged!

The bladder and hunger motive whilst at a fair is a runaway train. It needs to be halved whilst these events are going on...

Henley-on-Bagford residents hand out gift boxes like candy. How many sims are your 'resident of the day'? Just one box per household will do...

I've created a group called 'sub committee' and included the major H-on-B residents into it, every time they meet they all feel a great need to give each house member a box...

Bust the Dust is... well... still bust! Stop the hoover being put into the inventory! What's with the 'sniff the dust' animation? How many times does it need to play? My teen sim needs to hoover the house (that should count as emotional control or empathy you know!) and each time I need to walk up and down stairs the 'sniff the dust' animation plays. It can take an entire day to hoover the basement, ground and first floor! Just hoover three times should clean an entire house!

I'm trying to complete the Master Mixologist Aspiration and one of the goals is to 'Join the mixology branch...' but you need cooking to get anywhere in this career. I'm not big on the cooking skill. (It's possibly my most hated skill!) so... technically I cannot ever finish that aspiration?

Lifestyles are a nice touch, however there are only three slots. My sim now has six different lifestyles and I can no longer press the lifestyle button due to the cluster of lifestyles over the icon...

My sims just blab about whatever pops into their little VI brains, that VI needs to learn when to close it's mouth and STOP blabbing vampire secrets to anyone in ear shot!

The computer flickers on and off when the mouse curser is over it... again. This is a very, very old bug that has resurfaced.

The best animation by far is 'sing to the birds', every time my gardening sim does this I'm thinking "By 'eck; it's Mary Poppins!" Kudos to whoever popped that one in there! Standard smile

Message 1 of 42 (978 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Anomalies or Bugs

★ Guide

There is an animation called 'watch the birds'... there is a bird feeder from another pack and a bird house... you could have a new aspiration called 'bird watcher' that gives pictures of the birds you've spotted on the different bird stands with all the bird paraphernalia needed to complete... and the fact that there is a chance that Agnes Crumplebottom will turn up to tell you to stop staring! Standard smile

Message 2 of 42 (965 Views)

★ Guide

The A-ok bloomer vertical garden has some problems with the new crops. Bushes and berries are constantly dumped into household inventory.

Message 3 of 42 (955 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@tommynocker001 

You can click on one of these to buy the vertical planter seed pack so you don't risk trying to use seeds that do not work in a vertical planters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 42 (928 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My Sims household has two cows in the house's inventory when in build mode, one that is healthy and one that is not, but there is only one cow in the barn in live mode.  Why is this and how to I get rid of the sick cow?  Death keeps showing up on her lot, but nothing is dying, so he just ends up leaving, then keeps coming back!

Message 5 of 42 (920 Views)

★ Guide

'Travel with...' function has stopped working properly. I can only travel from my household to H-on-B fairs with one sim... Luckily I can travel back with as many as I want!

Message 6 of 42 (912 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for moving this to where it should be. Standard smile

Message 7 of 42 (893 Views)

★ Guide

I still don't have this pack, but I've seen a gamechanger on youtube have the same exact experiences with the H on B fairs. I wonder if it is bugged or it's really just chanced horribly. I don't know I just feel like there should be a close to 0% chance (but honestly, personally I think it should be 0%) that a perfect quality produce loses to a normal one in my opinion.

Message 8 of 42 (893 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Dreamspinner3 

Buy a shed then in live mode click on it and choose to assign one of the cows to it. Repeat for the second cow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 42 (877 Views)

★★★ Guide
@tommynocker001 Buy a bike for each sim. It's the quickest way to get around the HoB neighborhoods.
Message 10 of 42 (861 Views)