Copperdale world lighting is too dark

by 8piixs4nvue0

Original Post

Copperdale world lighting is too dark

★★★ Newbie

Copperdale shadows during high noon

I was building a highschool in Copperdale with the Sims 4 High School Years pack and it's a little bit disappointing to see the shadows so dark and coarse. I can barely see the al fresco areas, and it's a shame because the high school I was building has an open layout as it was based on a real school. This type of lighting does not occur in other worlds, only Copperdale. Can I request a fix on this? It really is an eyesore.

Message 1 of 12 (1,942 Views)

Re: Copperdale world lighting is too dark

★★★ Novice

I've the same problem. The whole neighborhood is way to dark.

(Settings Ultra, Summer!/Sunny!/Cold)

Playing 20 minutes and I really want to throw myself out of the window, bc it's depressing...

Message 2 of 12 (1,912 Views)

★ Pro

I'm old and I have poor eyesight and I can only see the Copperdale world in sunny daylight. Evening, night and mornings are way, way too dark.
In building mode, the shadows stuff cast ar ugly and distracting. building_shadows.jpg

Message 3 of 12 (1,847 Views)

lighting and shadows issue in Copperdale

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the update or with the new world that comes with Copperdale, but the lighting in my game has an awful greenish(?) tint that dims the lighting in-game, making the time of day appear later than it is. This happens during all times of day, even when I set it to 'Afternoon.'

Also, the shadows are all block-y and super dark on the ground. I've included a screenshot. (this was taken with the lighting set to 'Afternoon')

Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 4 of 12 (1,762 Views)

Re: lighting and shadows issue in Copperdale

Hero
@flaminganakin What platform/Settings are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,738 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. The lighting and shadows are too harsh outside. The other worlds don't have shadows like this. I have my settings on ultra. I updated my graphics card and that did help a little with the green tint issue. Other people mention the problem in this thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Copperdale-world-lighting-is-too-dark/td-p/116...

and the youtuber Lilsimsie mentions too that the lighting is really harsh in this video (3:22 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH37Dmsh28Q

It may be possible the lighting/shadows were purposefully created this way but I hope not. I think this might be an issue that will need to be patched.

Message 6 of 12 (1,716 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm playing on Windows PC. I have my game settings set to High.
Message 7 of 12 (1,678 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too. I'm trying to rebuild the high school, but the dim lighting and harsh shadows are so distracting. I hope this is something they can patch. 

Message 8 of 12 (1,712 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback on this! I've noticed this World is a bit darker as well- I'm not sure if this is intended as this World is heavily forested, but I'll definitely get the feedback sent on over to the team about this Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 9 of 12 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@flaminganakin Not really good with lighting issues so hopefully someone else has some ideas.

Did you check other neighborhoods to see if it's just copperdale ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,652 Views)