Re: Conversations with other Sims that aren't close

by niiicole1

Original Post

Conversations with other Sims that aren't close

★★★ Apprentice

This is something I only noticed recently and I don't know if it's some kind of a bug or maybe it's just me or maybe this has always happened and I just never noticed it, but I find it really annoying! Sometimes my Sim will run off to somewhere far away in the neighbourhood to talk to another Sim and even if you cancel the action, they will still keep running to the other Sim. I first noticed this in Batuu and it was driving me crazy there, but it also happens in other places. Similarly, I'm currently playing a Sim in Willow Creek and when she talks to someone outside the house, a lot of the time another Sim will show up in the conversation bar thing on top of the screen. That person is often far away and the other Sims will just stand around until the person has finally arrived and then continue talking. 

Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@niiicole1 Yeah I've been seeing this in my game for ages! It's really annoying if my Sim is out collecting crystals, fossils, wild plant harvestables, etc., and then some random townie wants to chat and off my Sim goes to chat with them. So to get around my Sim running halfway across the neighborhood to chat with the other Sim/random townie, I first cancel the action and then immediately give her a new action to do, even if it's only to make her take a few steps from her current spot (like a "go here" command). Or I'll click on something else and direct her to interact with that instead (especially if that is the next thing I wanted her to do anyway, like maybe go to the next collectible). If I only cancel the random conversation then she'll keep running but if I give her a new command right away she'll ignore and avoid the random conversation completely. Does this work for you as well?

Message 2 of 3 (417 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness Yes, sometimes that works for me too, but it didn't seem to work for me in Batuu. Like I'd try to break into one of the crates, crate opens and immediately my Sim runs off to talk to someone on the other side of town instead of taking the contents. The only thing that worked for me was to reset the Sim and get them to come back.
Message 3 of 3 (405 Views)