Re: Controllable pets sims 4

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Controllable pets sims 4

★ Apprentice

I am wondering why EA has made it so you cant control your pets in the sims 4 cats and dogs? In sims 3 pets were 100% contollable and in the cats and dogs pack they arent...I mean if that what your buyers are asking for then you should give them what they ask...I just got the pack and was so didsapointed that pet control is not an option

Message 1 of 3 (331 Views)

From what I remember this was decided on because it was more like real life. However, there are some mods out there that will make this possible for you if you really want.

This might also be an interesting read for you:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/control-cat-dog

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

Champion

@Isparkle48, it is funny but on all the polls before Cats & Dogs was released, the majority of players said they wanted to have uncontrollable pets so that it would be more like real life.  From all the posts here and on the Official Sims 4 Forums, as well as various fan sites, I would say that about 3/4 ths of the people wanted not to be able to control their pets.  Those long time players wanted the pets to be like they were in TS1 and TS2.  I was not one of those people!!!  Even though TS2 is my favorite version of the Sims, one of the aspects I liked best about TS3 is the ability to play as the pet!!! Party hat But I was in the minority on this, at least at the time....

Now, however, everyone seems to have changed their minds and now wants controllable pets! Oops  

But @Phantomlover1717 's memory is correct in that the Sim Gurus stated at the time that they wanted the pets to feel like real life pets.  And it seemed the logical thing to do If the majority of players at the time also wanted this.  Most players prefer to mimic reality, at least if the Laundry Day SP is any indication!  I am more of a fantasy player. Wizard I wanted to be the dog or cat!  I already own dogs in real life and really enjoyed playing  Sim life from the four-legged point of view! Party hat

So yes, having controllable pets is what buyers are asking for now, but at the time most of them asked for what we ended up getting! OopsLarge smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)