Contemplating on Purchasing Dine Out

by LaylaFrisknut

Original Post

Contemplating on Purchasing Dine Out

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have yet to purchase a game pack. I've been contemplating to purchase Dine out at the end of this year. Can I receive any tips or any feedback on anyone who has played this pack a lot? For example, downloading lots from galleries and the placement of the number of tables. I know that there is an effective way to play this particular pack. So anyone who does run this part of the game smoothly, can you suggest any tips so I can make sure I do have fun when I get the pack? I really love the concept so I'm hoping that the purchase would be worth it. 

Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

Re: Contemplating on Purchasing Dine Out

Champion

If you take a look through this thread, a few pages in to it there is a bit of discussion about issues and placement of tables. You might get some ideas too as there are images of other players builds,

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Share-Your-Newest-The-Sims-4-Creations-Here/m-...

I bought the pack a couple of years ago because I'm a builder and I love the build content in this pack. I've actually never played the restaurant, I just haven't got round to it yet. But I use the pack in most of my builds. I felt like the game at that time needed more decor (it was before kits) and I found what I wanted in this pack. I got Snowy Escape at the same time and found it all blended together to create some really beautiful spaces. Even without playing the restaurant yet, I recommend it. I have used it in the bars, spas and clubs I've built too but I just haven't run a restaurant yet.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I've run a restaurant and it's a lot of fun!

I was very sad that I couldn't hire my celebrity chef (the owner) to be the chef at the restaurant; you play as the owner. But I had a lot of fun building my restaurant, hiring people, planning the menu, etc.

I then rotated to a new household and was very frustrated with the layout as a diner, however. A child in my party dropped a toy without my noticing until later and it prevented all food from arriving because the tables were too close together and it blocked the server's path. I deleted the toy and had fewer tables and things worked much better.

Message 3 of 4 (325 Views)

★ Guide

I love this pack! :D

I'm yet to run a restaurant but I've built a couple and also downloaded some from the gallery. My sims are always going out for breakfast, lunch & dinner. It's a great way to celebrate birthdays or a special occasion or maybe your sim is tired of cooking. I find it to be a nice change from my sims always eating at home, plus they get positive moodlets being out and about. Oh, and your sim can get food poisoning too which can be remedied with a bottle of medicine purchased from the computer.  

Message 4 of 4 (240 Views)