Re: Constant Alien Abductions

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Constant Alien Abductions

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sims keep getting abducted. It's constant since maybe either Journey to Batou or Snow Escape update came out, to the point where my current played family has an entire line of aliens because every generation and their spouses, men, and women, get abducted and impregnated multiple times. I can't even stop the abduction once the interaction starts. Even when I come back to saved games where no sims were abducted, they are either abducted immediately or have already been and are now pregnant. Is anybody else having this issue? Is this a glitch/bug from Get to Work?

Message 1 of 14 (3,619 Views)

Hero
@toni251 How often does it happen ?

Are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This happens every time I play my saved games at least 1 to 3 times depending on how long I play. I do have mods ( slice of life and memorable moments from kawaii stacie, basmental, [Admin - removed]), I had all of these before this abduction issue though. And I have CC clothing, hair etc. but those are things I had before the glitch as well. 

Message 3 of 14 (3,585 Views)

Hero

@toni251 

I play a lot of households in my main save.  One of them keeps getting abductions.  The last time I played them, sims in that household were abducted 4 times in 2 sim weeks.  One of them twice.  And I got 3 pregnancies out of it.  So what you are seeing is not unheard of.  Others have it happen too.  But for most of my households, abductions are pretty rare and pregnancies from those abductions are rarer still.  At times, though, I sometimes think that it goes in streaks too.  I'll go a long time without any, and then all of sudden I'll get several in a short period. But I have learned a few things about them along the way.

The odds of an abduction happening are influenced by a number of things.  A Scientist that has contacted aliens seems to be more likely to be abducted. A regular sim who has access to the Scientist reward computer and uses the Contact Aliens option seems  to be more likely to be abducted.  A sim staying in a Focused state for a long time also seems to up the chances of abduction.  Having a telescope on a residential lot and using the Search Option that shows up when a sim is in a focused mood also seems increase the chances for having an abduction.  My Tech career sims also seem to get abducted more often.  There are other things too.  But when several of things happen to come together at the same time in a household, you start getting them more often it seems. 

There is a way in the game to prevent abductions.  Put a sim in the GTW Scientist career and level him up a bit in the career until the sim can make the satellite dish.  The dish has an option to prevent abductions.  You might have to upgrade the dish to get that option.  That keeps the aliens from abducting anyone in the household.  You just have to remember to reenable the option every day or two.  

There is another option too.  Since you already use mods, do you have MCCC?  That has options to control the abductions if you want that.  You can shut them down completely if you like. You can also adjust other things concerning abductions too with that mod.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 14 (3,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

My birth control method is to not have any sim in the Scientist Career, since I do not want undisguised aliens or abductions in my game. Only applies to those who have not yet started the career of course.
Since the game feature implicitly is about non consensual sex, you should look at your adult mods for possible interference, as well as the tips in the previous post.
This is an american 'teen-rated' forum, which means that adult mods is not to be mentioned; so perhaps also edit your post before a Community Manager does so. 

Message 5 of 14 (3,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DonroaAkashu,@toni251 

Would like to add. Having 8 Sims will stop the unexpected alien creation. Debug has a satellite dish not a guarantee it will stop the unwanted abduction. Will also likely need to be upgraded. Scientist skill up will be able to make a satellite dish. Have your town dancing is my favorite. Sometimes you can shift click your sims as soon as the icon shows up to stop it. Space Rangers also have many many unwanted abduction. Have no mods and still had 3 abduction both space rangers young adults an one alien adult male an scientist all in the same night. Sometimes they are waiting as soon as the game play starts. From day one of owning get to work had unwanted abduction of sims in all careers. Visiting Landgraab Greggory was beamed up an yes expecting. Had the glowing belly.

Anything is possible in Sims,

Message 6 of 14 (3,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Oh wow, that a lot of abductions! I had one sims household adopt 2 cats just to prevent the abductions. I've definitely had a sim abducted as soon as I've started the game as well. None of my sims are scientists or space rangers though, I avoid any space-specific careers. 

Message 7 of 14 (3,475 Views)

★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashu 

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into the mod settings. And I didn't know we couldn't mention mods like that so thanks for the heads up.

Message 8 of 14 (3,471 Views)

★★ Novice

@CGrant56 

Thanks for the suggestions! One of my saves where they get abducted the most had those scientists reward computers in the house but it was a house I downloaded from the gallery so no sim earned those computers. Do you think they have an effect even if not used to contact aliens?

I did use a cheat to get the satellite dish from the scientist career in build/buy mode, it definitely helps but as soon as I forget the abductions start again Frown. My last save when I forgot both spouses got abducted at the same time. I used to have MCCC but I'll definitely download it again if it helps, Thanks! 

Message 9 of 14 (3,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@toni251 

I'm not sure on the computers.  I wouldn't think just have them sitting the house unused would do it but it could be. I rarely use them myself though and still get abductions so maybe they do.

And yeah, I've forgotten on the satellite dish too.  Standard smile

But I have never had more than one abduction at a time that I can recall except when I used the MCCC alien invasion option once to see what it does.  If you want a lot of abductions, that is definitely the way to go but it was too much to me so I just leave it at the game's default frequency.  I have seen two abductions in a single night, just not at the same time.  After the first sim was returned, a second one got abducted right after.  Only seen that happen once though.

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 14 (3,432 Views)