by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Composting for insect farms is no longer available

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I click on both the inside and/or outside garbage cans, as well as food that was collected from dumpster in my inventory - the option for compost in insect farm (or sort for compostables) is no longer available.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the options to place in world or throw away when I click on the items in the inventory or the inside garbage can. When I click on the outdoor garbage can, I get no options, it won't even let you click on it. The game doesn't crash and I don't get any LE's.
What do you expect to see? Prior to updating, when using the indoor and/or out door garbage cans, I had the option sort for compostables. When I'd click on the item in the inventory, I had the option to compost in insect farm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November patch/update and Snowy Escapes install

Message 1 of 10 (1,970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Composting for insect farms is no longer available

Hero (Retired)
@kc922 Do you have the reduce and recycle lot trait active? Without it, there is no compost options on anything. With the lot trait, the sort compostables appears.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,898 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@kc922 Do you have the reduce and recycle lot trait active? Without it, there is no compost options on anything. With the lot trait, the sort compostables appears.
Message 2 of 10 (1,899 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'll test in a minute, thanks for your help. 

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@kc922Do you have the reduce and recycle lot trait active? Without it, there is no compost options on anything. With the lot trait, the sort compostables appears.

Message 3 of 10 (1,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kc922hey all..i think it is related to this post i mentioned the other day..i did not say anything about composting, but they could be related to each other:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Trash-Cans-Stop-Working-on-Some-Lots/m-p/9764439#M...

Please review my post in that bigger post...i mentioned that my lot was recycle and reusable..that is why i think these might be related to each other.

Message 4 of 10 (1,875 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@dimon6579 This post is about the option to compost being missing entirely. The trash cans work otherwise, and there's no routing issues being reported with composting.
Message 5 of 10 (1,868 Views)

★ Apprentice
@dimon6579 Thanks, I'll check out that thread.
Message 6 of 10 (1,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PoptartJuniperwell i have the same problem as above poster. All i know is when i try to take compost up to bug barn, all my sims do is take it out of garbage can, then drop it immedietly. Ok, my problem is due to routing issues..it is different. Thanks for explaining.

Message 7 of 10 (1,864 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@dimon6579 This person is reporting the option to compost isn't available. Your issue sounds different.
Message 8 of 10 (1,861 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper ok i understand. Yes, it is different. Sorry for posting here.
Message 9 of 10 (1,859 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper I marked it as the solution, thanks so much for your help!
Message 10 of 10 (1,843 Views)