Combine Gameplay and Expansion Packs

by Ayumes

Original Post

Combine Gameplay and Expansion Packs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, I don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I do really have my issues with Sims 4 gameplay mechanic.

Why is it that Expansion and Gameplay Packs only expand in their own Sims 4 world? For example that Vampires only invade your home, when your Sim is living in Forgotten Hollow? Or Cats and Dogs only in Bridelton Bay? Did I do something wrong with my configurations?

I would like to combine Vampires and Dogs. It would be nice if my sim is living in Windenburg, that there are people passing by with a dog or that vampires come at night.. What can I do? Or what could EA do?

Also, I got the Dine Out Expansion Pack and I like it, but I would appreciate it, if my Sim could earn money with his restaurant without being there. He can't have a job and a restaurant at the same time, because Townies only show up at a restaurant when my sim gets there. He just looses his money if he isnt there in person.. Do you get what I mean? Wondering

Greetings!! Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (396 Views)

Re: Combine Gameplay and Expansion Packs

Champion (Retired)

@Ayumes 

Game packs are smaller than Expansion packs so less content added. On the plus side it is cheaper.

If you want some dogs in Windenburg just create some dogs and place them there. The same goes for Vampires. All three premade vampires tend to come around occasionally around Midnight. If you have no Garlic the count may break in but most of the time they just wait to be let in or not.

You can hire personnel to run your restaurant while you do other things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (358 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Hey, thank you for your reply Standard smile
I know that I can place Dogs and Vampires in other worlds, but I thought those packs would expand their contents..

"If you have no Garlic the count may break in but most of the time they just wait to be let in or not."

Do you mean that vampires will come to my house more often if I place garlic at my house? And I dont what to stand up in the middle of the night, letting a bloodthursty vampire inside so he can suck on me BUT it would be nice if they would come in my house without me inviting them.. Nobody seems to have an issue with this so I thought, that this is a problem with my Sims 4 options?

And of course I know that I can hire personnel to run my restaurant, but it only "runs" when I am visiting my restaurant. Otherwise it seems, that nobody is coming because it always ends up with a minus cash despite how skilled my personnel is.. Frown
Message 3 of 5 (342 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Ayumes 

Game packs have never by themselves expanded to other worlds but you can use their items there.

Garlic just as in the books/movies prevent Vampires though newer films seem to have skipped that part. Todays patch added an option to prevent it through a setting on the doors. Most people disliked Vampire break-ins so EA made it rare.

You need to manage your restaurant so it turns a profit. Send staff to be educated and such.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (313 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I know.. Well thats not the point Frown
Message 5 of 5 (308 Views)