Collections issue: Pomegranate and Grow Fruit (PS4)

by bbanks1027

Original Post

Collections issue: Pomegranate and Grow Fruit (PS4)

★★ Novice

Ok so I have a issue. I only have a pomegranate and a grow fruit to collect and my gardening collection is complete. I missed the challenge to get a grow fruit. So i have tried to use debug mode to grow a grow fruit but it won't let me harvest. I then grafted it to a forbidden fruit tree to see if it works and i am currently waiting on that. I have also tried just getting just the fruit itself in debug mode but i can't figure out how to add it to my sims inventory. I tried dragging it to the inventory icon and my sims icon. 

Now with the pomegranate, I have got the tree through debug mode but it just won't grow. Every other plant will grow and harvest using debug mode but the pomegranate tree and grow fruit tree just will not harvest. I also tried fishing for the pomegranate at sylvan glade next to the tree itself but i can't collect it. If you have collected these two fruit somehow without doing a challenge can you please let me know how you did it and the steps to doing it in detail please. I'm freaking out over here. I literally have only 4 things to collect and all my collections are complete. 

Message 1 of 3 (4,511 Views)

Re: Collections issue: Pomegranate and Grow Fruit (PS4)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @bbanks1027

Graft apple and cherry to get pomegranate! Standard smile

Grow fruit might grow around the world if your save was created after the original growfruit challenge. But if you succeeded in grafting I think that the growfruit will show up in no time! Hover over the forbidden fruit tree and see if it says "spliced plant, forbidden fruit and grow fruit", then you're all good! Standard smile

(sometimes the debug plants are not really working as normal plants) Frown

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3 (4,499 Views)

Re: Collections issue: Pomegranate and Grow Fruit (PS4)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There is 2 types of Growthfruit trees, when bb.showhiddenobjects is used. The one that can be planted into the ground directly is useless. The other one, that needs to be planted in a pot is good, but once it is harvested, always replant it to make it a standard tree instead, of a Wild Plant. Then the quality of it can be improved.
Pomgrenate can be bought in the city, City Living.

Message 3 of 3 (3,364 Views)