[Collection] Pogo Insider Blog Posts

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

[Collection] Pogo Insider Blog Posts

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

09/08 - Blog Post #139: Construction Zone

Hello Pogoians,

How has your week been going? I hope you’re having a great time with the Summer Vacation Challenge Quest. There’s much more on the way so let’s get started. 

pi_construction_hdr.jpg

Welcome to the Construction Zone! Here is where you will find the latest on game updates. What is currently “under construction” on Pogo? As often as I can, I’ll sit down with the Pogo team and get the latest info on which games are being worked on and what’s coming. I will always post more details when I have them available. Please understand updates are subject to change.

Please understand that unless an announcement comes directly from EA and/or Pogo, we cannot endorse it as true. All games and updates reported here in the Construction Zone have been given the “go ahead” and are on track to come out. Anything else that is reported is speculation right now.

Upcoming Games

• Scheduled for release in 2020: the brand-new Pogo Mini-Golf and Dice City Roller HD! We’ll be announcing even more games soon. 

Events 

• The Age of Octavius Constellation started today and runs through November 6. 
  • The Summer Vacation Challenge Quest continues through September 22.
  • The new Vintage Produce Sign Badge Collection was released yesterday. Click here for more information. 
  • A new Badge Marathon starts on 9/23, focusing on one game. Stay tuned for details!

Game Updates

• Sweet Tooth Town – New content is available today and includes the new Tier 4 for the Ice Cream Shop. Look out for 30 new levels and two new Badges! You can also read more here about the recent changes to the games economy. Speaking of Sweet Tooth Town, have you seen the new video yet?! 
  • Snowbird Solitaire – 25 new levels will be added to the Docks area in September.
  • Jewel Academy – New levels and Badges arrive September 22! Here’s what’s included:
    • Levels 521-540
    • 25 New Badges
  • StoryQuest – Episode 165 will be available in early September.
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New “Learning Lab: Part 2” content update will arrive on September 15!
  • Jet Set Solitaire  A new “Autumn Cove” event runs from September 22 – October 21. 
  • Peggle Blast – A new in-game event started today and continues through September 21. 

Jet Set Solitaire Updates:

• General Improvements
      • Art and Audio optimizations to address performance issues.
      • Improved touch controls to prevent miss-taps on touch devices.
      • Added the ability to skip the animations on the summary screen.
      • Added the Pogo splash screen when the game launches.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed some issues with text alignment. 

Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD Updates:

• General Improvements
    • Added the Pogo splash screen and loading bar when the game launches.

Website updates:

• Now you can quickly add Challenges without ever leaving your game. Within a few clicks, you can browse, shop for, and activate any available Mix-n-Match and Personal Challenges for the game you’re playing. No more jumping out or stopping the action!  Click or tap the “B” Badge icon in the menu on the right side and then click “Add More Challenges.” Click here for more information. 
  • Interested in your Pogis history? Just click on My Profile to see how you did in past Constellations.
  • Chat is live! Click here for more information. Click here to join the discussion on the Pogo forums.
  • Beware of fraudulent Pogo help sites! To learn more about staying safe and getting real Pogo help when you need it, please see this article.
  • For previously posted Pogo website updates, browse the Pogo Insider archive.

revisedpogoinsider_ftr.jpg

Source: blog.pogo.com

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 12 (20,542 Views)

Re: [Info] Pogo Blog Posts

[ Edited ]

09/22 - Blog Post #140: Construction Zone

Hello Pogoians,

I hope you’re having a fabulous week here on Pogo! There’s so much to share with you but first, I wanted to remind you that comments for this blog will be turned off as I’m away this week. Comments will be turned on for the next blog which is October 6. Thank you for your understanding! 

And now… the Pogo news!

pi_construction_hdr.jpg

Welcome to the Construction Zone! Here is where you will find the latest on game updates. What is currently “under construction” on Pogo? As often as I can, I’ll sit down with the Pogo team and get the latest info on which games are being worked on and what’s coming. I will always post more details when I have them available. Please understand updates are subject to change.

Please understand that unless an announcement comes directly from EA and/or Pogo, we cannot endorse it as true. All games and updates reported here in the Construction Zone have been given the “go ahead” and are on track to come out. Anything else that is reported is speculation right now.

Upcoming Games

• Scheduled for release in 2020: the brand new Pogo Mini-Golf and Dice City Roller HD! We’ll be announcing even more games soon. 

Events 

• Gear up for the next Treasure Chase, coming near the end of this month!
  • A new Badge Marathon focusing on Snowbird Solitaire begins tomorrow!  
  • The Game of the Month for October is… Solitaire Blitz
  • Another Badge Marathon will start in mid-October.
  • Expect a very haunting Halloween celebration to arrive on Pogo in October. More information is on the way.

Game Updates

• Royal Wedding –  Check out 12 new “Royals at Play” episodes, taking you to more locations around the UK and beyond. All are available to play right now. Check out the newly redesigned episode selector that is more mouse and mobile friendly!
  • Anagrams – New updates coming in early October.
  • StoryQuest – Episode 169 will be available in early October.
  • Snowbird Solitaire – The new Beach Spook-Tacular event will begin October 6.
  • Jet Set Solitaire  New levels will be added in the beginning of October. And don’t forget the Autumn Cove event runs until October 21. 
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content is coming on October 13.
  • Bejeweled Stars  A shiny new event arrives in October!
  • Mahjong Sanctuary – A brand-new animal is on the way to your arctic biome. Can you guess which one?
  • Phlinx II 
    • General Improvements
      • Improved touch controls so players can cancel their shot. To shoot the ball on devices that have touch controls, players must now tap on the screen after they have aimed.
      • Improved touch controls so players don’t accidentally use power-ups.
      • Improved backgrounding and resuming the game when playing on a mobile device.
      • Fixed issues with some animations being cutoff/happening off screen.
  • Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD
    • General Improvements
      • Improved touch controls so players can tap and drag cards when playing on devices that support touch input.
      • Improved backgrounding and resuming the game when playing on a mobile device.

Website updates:

• Now you can quickly add Challenges without ever leaving your game. Within a few clicks, you can browse, shop for, and activate any available Mix-n-Match and Personal Challenges for the game you’re playing. No more jumping out or stopping the action!  Click or tap the “B” Badge icon in the menu on the right side and then click “Add More Challenges.” Click here for more information.
  • Beware of fraudulent Pogo help sites! To learn more about staying safe and getting real Pogo help when you need it, please see this article.
  • For previously posted Pogo website updates, browse the Pogo Insider archive

Source: blog.pogo.com

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (20,464 Views)

[ Edited ]

10/06 - Blog Post #141: Construction Zone

Hello Pogoians,

Pogo Mini-Golf is coming out later today! We’ll have more information here on the blog once it’s out and available to play. We’re super excited, and can’t wait for everyone to play!

pi_construction_hdr.jpg

Upcoming Games

• Scheduled for release in 2020: Dice City Roller HD will be here on October 20! We’ll be announcing even more games soon. 

Events 

• The new Mystical Masquerade Treasure Chase is currently running now through October 13. Good luck finding the secret Challenges and unlocking the treasure! Join the conversation about the Mystical Masquerade Treasure Chase on the Pogo forums by clicking here! (Please note the end of the Treasure Chase is October 13, and not October 20 as previously published. Thank you!)
  • As you may already know, the Game of the Month for October is… Solitaire Blitz! How many Challenges do you have left to complete?
  • A new Badge Collection will be available tomorrow! If you purchase the whole collection of 20 by 11:59 pm on October 13, you’ll get a bonus animated Badge. More information will be available here on the blog page!
  • Bejeweled Stars Badge Marathon starts next week!
  • Expect a very haunting Halloween celebration to arrive on Pogo near the end of October. More information is on the way as the date floats (like a ghost!) closer. 
  • Fancy some tea? Fill up your cup and get ready for the Afternoon Tea Party Event coming near the end of October. 

Game Updates

• Anagrams  New Challenges and Badges will be released in early October. 
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content is coming on October 13.
  • StoryQuest – Episode 169 is available today!
  • Jet Set Solitaire  New levels were added today, taking you to Zurich and Anchorage. And don’t forget the Autumn Cove event runs until October 21. 
  • Snowbird Solitaire – The new Beach Spook-tacular event began today! 
  • Mahjong Sanctuary – A brand-new animal is on the way to your arctic biome. If you guessed the Penguin, you guessed right!
      • Added the ability for players to have their Pogo platform avatar as their in-game avatar.
      • Added the Joker-Joker-Deuce-Deuce ruleset for Custom Games in the Game Settings menu. For this ruleset Jokers and 2s trump Spades. The 2 of Hearts and 2 of Clubs are replaced by the Big Joker and Little Joker.
      • Added new art for the Joker cards.
      • Added the ability to use an alternative terminology set. Players can turn this option On/Off in the in-game Settings menu. This option only applies to the player’s game that it is turned On in.
        • When this option is on Tricks will be called Books, Overbooks will be called Bags, Moon will become Boston, Blind Moon becomes Blind Boston.
      • Added the option to to High Card marker On/Off from the Table Settings menu when creating a Custom Game. When turned on, this option impacts all players in the game.
      • Updated Quick Play game mode is now labeled “Play Humans”
      • Updated the How To Play based on the new ruleset.
      • Addressed issues causing the game to freeze for some players.
      • Addressed issue where players got disconnected when starting a game if the game was backgrounded and other players switched seats.
      • Addressed issue where the Join a Game menu closed when players exited the Details window for Custom Rules.
      • Addressed issue where the game got zoomed in if the player tried to access the keyboard while in portrait mode.
    • Payday Freecell HD
      • Improved mobile performance.
    • Turbo 21 HD
      • Updated the Club Pogo icon.

Website updates:

• Now you can quickly add Challenges without ever leaving your game. Click here for more information! 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 12 (20,367 Views)

[ Edited ]

10/20 - Blog Post #142

revisedpogoinsider_hdr-1.jpg

Hello Pogoians,

Happy almost Halloween! If you can’t tell, I’m counting down the days.

It’s a special occasion, because Dice City Roller HD arrives today! I am so happy I was able to type that statement! Like many of you, I’ve been really looking forward to playing! Please watch the blog for release information. 

You can also be sure to find me in Dice City Roller HD chat once the game is released! Please stop by and say hello! Did you know you can also find me in chat throughout the week? 

Here is my weekly schedule* (all times Pacific)

• Monday, 9am – 10am – Game of the Month 
  • Tuesday, 9am – 10am – Daily Challenge games
  • Wednesday, 9am – 10am – Weekly Challenge games
  • Thursday, 9am – 10am – Daily Challenge games
  • Friday, 9am – 10am – Event games

*Games and times are subject to change.

And now, let’s get to the Construction Zone. 

pi_construction_hdr.jpg

Upcoming Games

• We’ll be announcing more new and remastered games soon. 

Events 

• The Game of the Month for November is… Canasta HD!
  • Halloween may only be one day on the calendar, but on Pogo we celebrate it for a full week. More information on Halloween events will be released on the blog soon.
  • The Afternoon Tea Party Event begins October 28 and runs for two weeks. Get ready to take on new Challenges and collect all the themed Badges!
  • Mahjong Sanctuary will play host to a Fireside chat with Pogo Llama (hey, that’s me!) on October 29 at 2pm PT. More details as the day draws closer. 
  • Early November will bring a brand-new Badge collection to Club Pogo! 
  • A new Badge Marathon with multiple games is coming mid-November.

Game Updates

• Mahjong Sanctuary – The Penguin is now available in your arctic biome! Be sure to create a cozy habitat for these fine feathered friends.
  • Paranormal Destinations – Explore creepy new locations with 12 all-new episodes. Traveling about is even easier now, thanks to an improved episode selection screen (as seen in Royal Wedding: One Year Later).
  • Bejeweled Stars – The Felis’s Fantasy event began today! And don’t forget the Bejeweled Stars Badge Marathon continues until 11:59 pm PT on October 27. 
  • StoryQuest – A new episode will be available in November.
  • Pogo Daily Sudoku – Coming Nov 3, more Ranks to climb! Continue your sudoku journey with Ranks 51 – 100! (This is a correction as it was previously stated these ranks were released today. My apologies for the confusion!)
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content will be available November 10. 
  • Crossword Cove HD
    • Improved touch input across a wider range of devices.
    • Fixed some issues with text alignment

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 12 (20,233 Views)

11/03 - Blog Post #143

revisedpogoinsider_hdr-1.jpg

Hello Pogoians,

Sooooooooooooo….how much fun are you all having in Dice City Roller HD? I won my second game with 1,511 points. How about you?!

pi_construction_hdr.jpg

Upcoming Games

Events 

• A reminder the Game of the Month for November is… Canasta HD!
  • The first Badge for the new animated Badge collection became available on November 1! There will be a new Badge released on the 1st day of each month with a price discount during that first week. The theme is Hobbies, so each new Badge will give you a glimpse of how some of your favorite Pogo characters spend their free time! There will be a total of 6 Hobbies Badges and each Badge will be available to purchase for up to 1 year from each Badge release. Thank you!
  • Afternoon Tea Party continues through November 10. 
  • Reminder – Pogis Constellation 4 will end on Nov 6 at 11:59PM PT. Pogis Constellation 5 (Mer- Bear Constellation) will start Nov 7 at Midnight PT and go through Jan 5 at 11:59PM PT.
  • The brand-new Nocturnal Animals Badge collection is available now through November 15! Which animal is your favorite?
  • A new Badge Marathon with multiple games is coming mid-November.
  • November wouldn’t be November without the annual Pogo Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. More information as those dates move closer. 

Game Updates

• Peggle Blast – New event went live today and will end Nov 16. Complete the Family Time event and earn the Family Time Badge.  
  • Pogo Daily Sudoku – Ranks 51 – 100 added today!
  • Paranormal Destinations – A text edit for the Port Arthur episode is now live.
  • Dice City Roller HD – Using a mouse wheel to scroll is now available! Tables are also now appearing correctly in the Find A Game Menu.
  • Postcards from Britain  New episodes on Nov 17. Traveling about is even easier now, thanks to an improved episode selection screen (as seen in Royal Wedding: One Year Later).
  • StoryQuest – A new episode will be available on November 3.
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content will be available November 10. 
  • Sweet Tooth Town – New levels will be added in November including Cookie Tier 4 which includes 30 new levels (61-90) and more ingame badges. Cookie Shop Badge and Gold Cookie Shop Badge.
  • A Way With Words – Content update November 17 includes new Hall of Fame Challenges. 
  • Cookie Connect – New levels 701 – 720 will be added November 17! 
  • Solitaire Blitz – A new in-game event will begin November 17 and run through Nov 30!
  • Crazy Cakes 2 
  • Mahjong Garden HD 
    • Art and Audio optimizations to address performance issues
    • Updated the timer to pause when the player backgrounds the game till they return to play.
    • Fixed some issues causing long load times.
  • Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD
  • Stack’em HD
  • Tumble Bees HD

Website updates

pi_questions_hdr.jpg

Every week I answer a non-technical question related to Pogo. We get lots of questions every week, so I try to focus on common themes or the same question coming from different folks. Please ask your non-technical related question in the comments section of the blog.

(For technical issues, please go to Pogo’s Help Page.)

Q. How can I optionally set up my game to be No Auction in Dice City Roller HD?
A. With the release of our latest HD game, Dice City Roller HD, you do have the option to create a game with no auction phase. Let’s help ya out!

When selecting a game, at the main menu click on Host A Game.

dcrhost-e1603390182901.png

To set up a game with No Auction, under Game Rules select No next to Auctions.

dcrfilter-e1604342102989.png

Additionally, you can join a public No Auction game under Find A Game by sorting games with No Auction. Here’s how:

1. At the main menu, click on Find A Game.
  2. Make sure to select the Public Games tab.
  3. Click on the drop-down menu next to Sort By and select No Auctions.
  4. This will sort all No Auction public games to the top of the list. 
    • Please note, any listed locked private games will require a password from the host that created the game session to join them in progress.

Q. How can I easily find my friends in Dice City Roller HD?A. You can only find a friend’s game if they are hosting it through the Host A Game menu. Please note, friends that who use Quick Play cannot be located in multiplayer matchmaking. The friend must Host A Game in order to be found. Let’s show you how to find your friends!

At the main menu select Find A Game.

dcrfind-e1604342120680.png

Click on the Friend’s Games tab. Click the Refresh button every time you want to display the latest list of friends playing.

dcrfindfriend-e1604342138452.png

On the Friend’s Games tab…

• If your friend is hosting a private passworded game, you will always see them listed on this tab whether the game is in progress or waiting for players. Just select their listed game and enter their password to join at any time.
  • If your friend hosted a public game, it will only display on the Friend’s Games tab if the game is waiting for players (30-second window to join).
    • Please note, there is currently a known issue that once the public hosted game begins it disappears from the Friend’s Games tab. Once their game completes all 4 quarters and waits for new players again, it will reappear on the Friend’s Games tab. Selecting Refresh on this tab will refresh the list.
    • The team is working on implementing a fix soon that will always display your friend’s public hosted game at all times. However, only private passworded games can be joined in progress. After the fix, if a public game has started it will display in progress until it is open and waiting for players to join.

And there you go! Enjoy and have a wonderful time playing Dice City Roller HD!

Alrighty, folks! Thanks again for stopping by the Pogo Insider. I’ll see you on November 17 with the next edition of the blog! 

Take great care and have a super happy and fun week here on Pogo!

Cheers,

Pogo Llama

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 12 (20,141 Views)

11/17 - Blog Post #144

Hello Pogoians,

How are you all doing on this fine Tuesday? Hope you all had a blast in the Garden Tea Party and came out with a lovely tea set of your own. 

We have a lot of great news and fresh game updates to discuss, so let’s get to it!

Upcoming Games

Events 

• The Game of the Month for December will be Poppit! HD!
  • The new Pogis Constellation 5, Mer- Bear Constellation, started November 7 and will continue through January 5 at 11:59PM PT. 
  • Black Friday and Cyber Monday are on the way, bringing plenty of great Pogo sales. Stay tuned!
  • Get a bonus Jungle Gin HD Challenge worth 1,000 Pogis when you purchase any Pogo Gem Pack. Hurry — offer ends November 19! Bonus Challenge will be delivered within two weeks after this promotion ends.
  • Surprise! We’ve got a new Surprise Badge Blast coming your way! Starting November 20, you can expect a whole week of free Surprise Challenges every day. If you complete all seven, you’ll walk away with plenty of Pogis and a bonus Badge. More info on the Blog soon!
  • The 25 Days of Pogo returns December 1, with plenty of gifts, sales and cheer throughout the holidays.

Game Updates

• Postcards from Britain  12 new episodes are now available. Traveling about is even easier now, thanks to an improved episode selection screen (as seen in Royal Wedding: One Year Later). Look for new episodes for Winter Wonderland soon!
  • Sweet Tooth Town – Upgrade your Cookie Shop to Tier 4 to unlock 30 new levels (61-90) and more in-game Cookie Shop and Gold Cookie Shop Badges. A brand-new event, the Snowy Shindig, will run from December 1 to December 14.
  • StoryQuest – A new episode arrives December 1 and sees Rose venturing into the world of Oliver Twist.
  • Snowbird Solitaire – Part 3 of our Docks update will be available Dec 1. We’ve got some big Snowbird Solitaire news coming your way, including a new holiday event and decorations, community contest and more.
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content will be available December 8. 
  • Claire Hart: Secret in the Shadows  Nine new episodes are on the way in December!
  • Cookie Connect  Today’s update fixes a small bug impacting some of you. Thank you to all players who reported this issue:
    • The Daily Special was erroneously awarding progress on certain Challenges. We are not undoing any progress players gained during this time. Additionally, we’re revising the descriptions for impacted Challenges. Any Challenge requiring a certain number of 3-star ratings will now specify “3-Star Map Levels.” Progress on these Challenges can be gained by playing levels from the map, as opposed to the Daily Special.
  • Solitaire Blitz – The in-game event that started today continues through November 30.
  • Jewel Academy – A new update arrives in December. 
  • Jet Set Solitaire – Starting tomorrow, November 18, get ready for a week of extra Daily Challenges for Jet Set Solitaire! We’ve also updated the game flow and now you can easily play from where you’ve left off. And, the Holiday Homeland destination will land in December! 
  • Claire Hart Classic 
    • Added the ability to pinch zoom and pan around the game for mobile devices.
    • Improved background of the game to pause the timer.
    • Fixed some issues where the Challenge Complete screen was not displayed for the Find Objects challenges.
    • Fixed some issues where the background music was not playing if the user had muted the sound before the episode loaded.
    • Fixed the issue where power-ups became disabled if Psychic Locator was used twice with the same item.
    • Fixed issue where the Curious Note Badge award pop up didn’t appear.
    • Fixed an issue where the game was loading in portrait mode.
    • Fixed an issue where the game would freeze if the Skip and Hint button was tapped/clicked continuously.
    • Fixed an issue where sound sliders were not remaining in their most recently set positions.
  • Double Deuce Poker HD 
    • Fixed some issues causing long load times.
  • Lottso! Express HD 
  • Stack’em HD 
  • Tumble Bees HD 

Website updates:

Every week I answer a non-technical question related to Pogo. We get lots of questions every week, so I try to focus on common themes or the same question coming from different folks. Please ask your non-technical related question in the comments section of the blog.

Q. How do I create a frozen pile in Canasta HD?!

A. With Canasta HD being Game of the Month for November, I’ve seen this question pop up quite a bit so I’d love to help you all out.

For Canasta HD Challenges that require winning a “frozen pile” game, you must set your table options to a frozen pile game. Here are the steps:

1. Click on Find a Friend

CanastaFrozen1-350x261.png

2. Select the Create a Table button

canastafrozen2-350x81.png

3. Select the settings you’d like on Table Settings tab 

canastafrozen3-350x154.png

4. Select the options you want in the Game Settings tab and make sure you check the box for “Players cannot pick up the discard pile.”

If you’re joining a table, you will need to look at that table’s Custom Rules. Click on that blue-lettered link and make sure that “Players cannot pick up the discard pile” is among the options if a frozen pile game is what you’re seeking.

Let me know if you have any further questions and good luck with the Game of the Month Challenges!

Thanks again for tuning into the latest Pogo news here on the Pogo Insider. Have a wonderful week of great fun here in Pogo!

Cheers,

Pogo Llama

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 12 (20,022 Views)

12/01 - Blog Post #145

Hello Pogoians,

Welcome to the Pogo Insider and the most cheerful month on Pogo! The 25 Days of Pogo started today, with lots of holiday cheer to come all month long. I’m feeling pretty festive. I’m even wearing my ugly sweater, and yes, there is a llama on it.

Upcoming Games

Events 

• December’s Game of the Month is Poppit! HD!
  • The Mer- Bear Constellation that started on November 7 will continue through January 5 at 11:59PM PT. Keep earning those Pogis!
  • The 25 Days of Pogo returned today! Click here for more information. 
  • Get ready for an additional Weekly Challenge every Wednesday in December! That brings the grand number to THREE Weekly Challenges all throughout December. Get your game on with these holiday themed Badges. 
  • A 10-game Badge Marathon starts December 5.
  • A second Badge Marathon based around five games will start on December 22.

Game Updates

• Sweet Tooth Town – The Snowy Shindig event starts today! 
  • StoryQuest – A new episode arrived today.
  • Dice City Roller HD – New updates to multiplayer are underway and coming soon! Other updates that are in the works includes: improving matchmaking for Quick Play, adding the choice of Auction and No Auction to Quick Play, and joining any public game in progress in the Find A Game menu! More information on these updates will be provided when they get closer.
  • Snowbird Solitaire – Part 3 of our Docks update is available today along with a new holiday look and event.
  • Pogo Mini-Golf – Thanks to all who have reported a “floating ball” issue with the game! This has been fixed as of today!
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content will be available December 8. 
  • New episodes for Winter Wonderland on arriving December 15!
  • Claire Hart: Secret in the Shadows  Nine new episodes are coming on December 16. Stay tuned for more details on some special Claire Hart festivities.
  • Jewel Academy – New levels and ingame Badges arrive on December 15.  
  • Jet Set Solitaire – The Holiday Homeland destination will be flying in on December 15 and depart on January 14. 
  • Bookworm HD
    • Art and Audio optimizations to address performance issues
    • Add the ability to pinch zoom and pan around the game for mobile devices.
    • Improved background of the game to pause the timer.
    • Fixed an issue where the game was rotating into Portrait mode.
  • Pogo Sudoku
    • Fixed an issue where the timer was not pausing when the ads popped in for Free and guest users.

Event Awards

Website updates:

• Sadly, Flash support has come to an end, and we have retired our remaining Flash-powered games as of today, Dec 1. Thanks to everyone who played all these great games and kept them active for so many years! While we’re sad to see them go, we’ve got great things in store for you! If you’d like to chat or reminisce about your favorites Flash games, head on over to this thread in the Pogo forums. I encourage all who wish to leave comments to post there as I’d like to keep the blog open for other questions.
  • Table Chat is now available in Spades HD! Click here for the FAQ.

Cheers to you all,

Pogo Llama

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 12 (19,819 Views)

12/15 - Blog Post #146

It’s the middle of December and we have 10 more days left of the 25 Days of Pogo. Which day has been your favorite so far? 

We’ve heard how much you’re enjoying the artwork for the 25 Days of Pogo 2020 edition! To share in the enjoyment, our Pogo artists created a special Share in the Joy holiday wallpaper just for you!

You can get in on the holiday spirit with a free Share in the Joy desktop wallpaper. Simply click this link to open the image, then follow these steps to make it your desktop wallpaper:

1. Right click on the open image in your browser and select “Save Image As”
  2. Save the image to your desktop
  3. Select the file on your desktop and right click.
  4. Choose the “Set as Desktop Background” option.
  5. Enjoy!

Have you won the Snowbird Christmas Tree Badge in Snowbird Solitaire? You can earn this Badge by “sprucing up your island with some festive holiday greenery!” In other words, place the Christmas Tree on your island and you’ll earn yourself the following badge:

Upcoming Games

Events 

• The Mer- Bear Constellation that started on November 7 will continue through January 5 at 11:59PM PT. Keep earning those Pogis!
  • The 25 Days of Pogo is still going through Dec 25. Click here for more information. 
  • Don’t forget – there is an extra Weekly Challenge every Wednesday in December! Get your game on with these holiday-themed Badges.
  • We’ll be having a Pogo Holiday Village Skate-Off event based around five games starting December 22!

Game Updates

Event Awards

• November Game of the Month Challenges
    • The Canasta Chase Victory Badge was awarded on December 3.
      • You’ll be able to find it in the “My Rewards” section of your profile. 
  • Snow Scramble Badge Marathon
    • The Snow Scramble Victory Badge was awarded Dec 14.
      • You’ll be able to find it in the “My Rewards” section of your profile.

Website updates:

• Due to the upcoming discontinuation of Flash support across the Internet, Flash Chat will be retiring from Pogo on December 31, 2020. Please switch to the new Pogo to continue chatting in games. Check out this recent blog article for more information on how to Chat on Pogo.

Q. How does a player contact Pogo Customer Support?

A. Great question! Whether you’re having a game loading issue, a payment issue, or want to provide feedback, EA Help is here for you! 

One thing to note is that our customer support team is identified as EA Help and there are two paths that players can take to create a support ticket.

1.  The one most Pogo players are probably familiar with is through selecting the Help option on the top of Classic Pogo. This takes players directly to a page with several support options. By clicking on “Contact Us”, players will be taken to a page that will let them select what type of response service they’d like, such as chat or a call back.
  2. This second option is self help which is really useful as there are Pogo-written articles with answers to common issues! If the articles don’t help, players can also create a case at the bottom of that screen. Once a case is created the paths converge and the case is routed to one of our advisors who can provide help with account issues, technical issues, and even missing content.

It’s also important to know that EA Help does not have a phone number for players to call. There are a number of sites out there that call themselves Pogo Customer support and we want everyone to know those are not legitimate sites. EA Help will also never charge for customer support. I include a link to the “How to Stay Safe” article in every Pogo Insider Blog. Please read the article for more information on how to stay safe on Pogo.

As a reminder, I’m unable to troubleshoot account issues here on the Pogo Insider. I encourage you to contact EA Help if you are experiencing trouble with games loading, missing content, or any other Pogo account issues. Thank you!

Thank you all for reading this edition of the Pogo Insider. I’m always grateful to have you here and cannot wait to see you in the next Pogo Insider on December 29. Please note that due to being away for the holidays, the comments will be turned off. The comments will be turned on for the following January 12 Pogo Insider.

Cheers!

Pogo Llama

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 12 (19,806 Views)

Blog Post #147 – December 29, 2020

12/29 - Blog Post #147

Hello Pogoians,

Welcome to the last official Pogo Insider of the year 2020. Ah yes, and what an eventful year it’s been! Before we bring 2020 to a close, we wanted to take a moment and look back at all the developments from these past 12 months on Pogo. So, let’s take a stroll down memory lane!

This year, Pogo Early Access simply became Pogo. The classic Pogo experience became “Pogo Classic,” and remains home to older features. On top of that, Club Pogo turned 17 and

Pogo turned 21 years old

2020 Game releases

Jungle Gin HD, Snowbird Solitaire, Pogo Slots, Spades HD, Canasta HD, Thousand Island Solitaire HD, Solitaire Blitz, Peggle Blast HD, Bejeweled Stars, Pogo Mini-Golf, and Dice City Roller!

2020 Events

Along the way, we explored new ways to take on Challenges and earn Badges, including Badge Marathons and events like Challenge QuestAntoinette’s Bake ShopDrake’s Spring PartyTreasure Chase scavenger hunts, Sweets BoxThe Garden Tea Party, and, the first-ever event on the new Pogo experience – Hunnie Badger’s Sash! We’ve also brought back Surprise Challenges and released several Badge Collections, including the Thanksgiving Feast Badge Collection, the Nocturnal Animal Badge Collectionthe Costume Show Badge Collectionthe Vintage Produce Signs Badge Collectionthe Seashell Badge Collectionthe Seed Packet Badge CollectionPogo Favorites Badge Collectionthe Strength Through Adversity Badge Collectionthe Amazonian Animals Badge Collection and the Great Barrier Reef Badge Collection.  

Game updates

We snuck in some fun seasonal and ongoing updates to a few Pogo favorites: 

2020 Videos

In addition to a fun video introducing the new Pogo, we released a slew of delightful game trailers: Jigsaw Treasure Hunter HD, Crazy Cakes 2, Snowbird Solitaire HD, Solitaire Blitz, Jungle Gin HD, Challenge Central, Pogo Slots, Spades HD, Peggle Blast HD, Canasta HD, Phlinx II, Thousand Island Solitaire HD, Claire Hart: Secret in the Shadows, Poppit! HD, Jet Set Solitaire, Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD, Bejeweled Stars, Find Your Pogo, World Class Solitaire HD, Crossword Cove HD, Word Whomp HD, Sweet Tooth Town, Mahjong Garden HD, Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD, Payday FreeCell HD, Pogo Mini-Golf, Aces Up HD, Mahjong Sanctuary, Poppit! Party, First Class Solitaire HD, Lottso! Express HD, Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD, Poppit! Bingo HD, Mahjong Safari HD, and Bookworm HD

Features

2020 saw the launch of player-requested features such as Game Chat and Spades HD Table Chat! By popular demand, we added the ability to use your Mini as an Avatar! We brought back your Pogo Classic history in the Classic Library Tab in your My Profile page. We rolled out new Pogi Constellations and updates to Challenge Central. We also made it possible to activate Challenges without leaving your game. We also added more tours of the new Pogo, hosted by our new friend Joyce. We also made many, many small adjustments and improvements to make your time on Pogo even more rewarding and fun.

Upcoming Games

• We’ll be announcing more new and remastered games soon!

Events 

• January’s Game of the Month is Quinn’s Aquarium.
  • The Mer- Bear Constellation that started on November 7 will continue through January 5 at 11:59PM PT.  The new Dracorn the Champion Constellation will begin January 6 at 12 AM PT and run through March 6 at 11:59 PM PT. LINK to blog
  • A new Treasure Chase will begin on January 6 and run through February 2. 
  • Get ready for a New Years celebration coming in mid-January. More details to follow. 

Game Updates

• Anagrams – New content on January 12.
  • StoryQuest – New episode on January 12.
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content on January 12.
  • Solitaire Blitz – New Event, Atlantis Rises II, begins on January 12.
  • Jet Set Solitaire – New content update will be available January 12. Get ready to visit Europe!
  • Grub Crawl – New episodes will be available at the end of January!
  • Mahjong Sanctuary – A new animal will be available at the end of January!
  • Pogo Daily Sudoku – New Badges arrive on January 12.

Website updates:

• Due to the upcoming discontinuation of Flash support across the Internet, Flash Chat will be retiring from Pogo on December 31, 2020. Please switch to the new Pogo to continue chatting in your favorite games. Check out this recent blog article for more information on how to Chat on Pogo.

Q. What is involved in the weekly maintenance process. I see a warning that maintenance is happening around 2 AM PT every other Tuesday. What is that?

A. Every other Tuesday, in the wee hours of the morning, (2AM PT to be exact), Pogo has weekly maintenance.

So what does go on during Pogo maintenance? During this maintenance, the Pogo team rolls out fixes at one time on a schedule so there are less disruptions. These fixes include everything from bug fixes to new content releases and updates to the Pogo games you all know and love. Remember that Quinn’s update from Dec 8? That was done at the time of maintenance. The team also makes gameplay updates during this time. These are fixes you may not see within a game but you may notice when you experience faster and smoother game loading and play time.

A reminder the blog comments will be turned off for this edition of the Pogo Insider. I’ll be back at it again in the January 12th edition. 

My wish for you all is to be happy, healthy, and safe. May peace fill your heart and home. Happy New Years from me and all the folks over here at Pogo!

Cheers,

Pogo Llama

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 12 (19,714 Views)

Blog Post #148 – January 12, 2021

Community Manager

Hello Pogoians,

It’s a brand spankin’ new year! Can you believe it!? Welcome to 2021 and the first Pogo Insider of the new year. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. 

Want to earn a Special Edition Badge?* (Badge will be awarded shortly after January 26.) Just come spend a little time with us in Pogo Slots! Simply visiting Chat at any time between January 12 through January 18 by 11:59PM PST and sharing a message during these days is all you need to do to secure your Badge!

Oh! And don’t forget, I’ll be chatting in Pogo Slots all week long from 11 – 11:30am PST.

Share your Pogo-themed resolutions with me as we chat. You can visit the Pogo forums and share there as well! Again, visiting Chat at any time between January 12 through January 18 11:59PM PST and sharing a message during these days is all you need to do to secure your Badge! 

Upcoming Games

Events 

• There’s still plenty of time to work through the Game of the Month Challenges for Quinn’s Aquarium.
  • The new Dracorn the Champion Constellation started on January 6 and will light up the sky all the way until 11:59pm on March 6. You can find more information in this blog article. 
  • A new Treasure Chase began January 6 and runs through February 2. 
  • Earn a new Badge and Share your 2021 New Year’s Resolutions! Click here for more information and to win a Badge just by chatting in Pogo Slots!
  • A 5 game Badge Marathon will begin January 23!
  • A new Badge Collection arrives late this month. Any guesses on the theme?

Game Updates

• Anagrams – New content out today.
  • StoryQuest – A new episode is out today.
  • Quinn’s Aquarium – New content is now available.
  • Solitaire Blitz – The Atlantis Rises II event started today. Dive in to earn a new Badge and more!
  • Jet Set Solitaire – New levels are available to play.
  • Pogo Daily Sudoku – New Badges are available today! 
  • Grub Crawl – 12 brand-new episodes will be available January 26. Get ready to travel to new destinations in pursuit of culinary secrets!
  • Mahjong Sanctuary – Get ready to welcome the adorable walrus to your arctic biome on January 26. 
  • Snowbird Solitaire – A one-week long in-game event will begin February 2 through February 8!
  • Sweet Tooth Town – A one-week long in-game event will begin February 16 through February 22!
  • Bejeweled Stars – A new in-game event arrives on February 9 and runs through February 15!
  • Claire Hart: Secret in the Shadows – Be on the lookout for a Valentine’s treat, coming your way in February.
  • Cross Country Adventure – 12 brand-new episodes will be available February 23, taking you to even more destinations around the U.S. 
  • A Way With Words – New content will be available February 23! 
  • Cookie Connect – New content is coming February 23!
  • Mahjong Sanctuary – A new in-game event is coming on February 23 through March 1!

Website updates:

• We’ll soon be updating the new Pogo site to remove the messaging at the top explaining how to switch back to Pogo Classic. Don’t worry! Pogo Classic will still remain accessible via the “Back to Pogo Classic” link, which you can find by clicking on your avatar in the top-right corner of the Pogo site. The message will be removed for Pogo players starting on January 26.

Q. Is Pogo on social media?

A. Oh we sure are! You can find and follow us on these sites:

1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Instagram
  4. YouTube

Thank you all for reading the first 2021 edition of the Pogo Insider! I’m so happy you’re here. Cheers to a new year and loads of fun here on Pogo! I hope to see you in Pogo Slots this week from 11 – 11:30AM PST!

Pogo Llama

Source: blog.pogo.com 

Rtas.png

Message 10 of 12 (19,578 Views)