Original Post

Accepted Solution

Clothing gender tag bug since latest update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Life of the Party Digital Content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Create-A-Sim, as a female sim. Click more options on clothes to select both male and female tags, click a different type of clothing or randomise the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When any item of clothing or appearance is selected (hair, tops, outifts, shoes, etc), I click both male and female tags so that all options appear. When I switch to another clothing type (shoes, for example), it resets to the default gender (in this case female), so if I were to go back to hair, for example, it only displays female hairstyles again.
What do you expect to see? It used to keep the gender tag settings until I would exit Create-A-Sim or add another sim. I could randomise everything about the current sim all over again and it would keep the gender tags as I set them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent Sims 4 update. Last time I played before today it was fine. Today (11/11/2017) I played for the first time in a couple of weeks and it updated, now I notice this bug.

I used to be able to choose both male and female gender tags for clothes, accessories and hair, and switch from hair to shoes to tops etc back to hair, shoes, tops etc, and it would maintain the tags, but now it defaults back to the current gendered sim (in this case female) every time I click away from one clothing type, meaning if I browse through tops with both male and female tags clicked, then browse through outfits with the same, then back to tops, it only shows me female tops, I have to keep re-checking the male option every single time. This is only since the most recent update which happened today. Last time I played (about a fortnight ago) it was fine.

Message 1 of 9 (897 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Clothing gender tag bug since latest update

Community Manager (retired)

I'm looking at this again, and I can't reproduce the issue any more. The gender tags are now staying applied, when switching categories. I went back and checked the November 7th patch, and was able to reproduce the issue, but yeah not on the Live patch. Seems like this was fixed with our most recent patch.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (626 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Clothing gender tag bug since latest update

Hero

For me, most of the tags always reverted but I never used gender extensively.

Did other filters reset for you before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (827 Views)

★ Novice
Hi

I don't think so, but I'm not sure as it's usually only the gender ones that I use.

Jonesy
Message 3 of 9 (811 Views)

Hero

So I tested this and yes, it reverts but I don't know how it was before as all the others have always reverted for me

Can anyone else give some feedback for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (794 Views)

Our testers are saying that the gender tags have never remained when switching between clothing types, they checked multiple older patches, including: Nov 7, 2017 Patch, Sept 12, 2017 Patch, and Jun 2, 2016 Patch

Are you positive that they used to not revert when switching between types of clothing? Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 9 (684 Views)

★ Novice
Yes, it used to remain the same. It would only revert if I made a second Sim within the same family, or exited CAS of course.
Message 6 of 9 (665 Views)

Hero

I'm going to move this to the general forum as feedback for now. I do agree with you, that the filters should stick (ALL of them) but as QA has tested this on older builts and I'm also convinced that it's always been this way, I'm going with feedback for now.

Maybe we can get more people to chip in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (624 Views)

I'm looking at this again, and I can't reproduce the issue any more. The gender tags are now staying applied, when switching categories. I went back and checked the November 7th patch, and was able to reproduce the issue, but yeah not on the Live patch. Seems like this was fixed with our most recent patch.

Message 8 of 9 (627 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Great, I'll be sure to give it a go this evening and see if it's fixed for me too :D
Message 9 of 9 (554 Views)