[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

[Closed]

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Romantic NPC Story Progression Is Never Gay

★★★ Apprentice

@joobusgoobus wrote:

The Sims is typically a very LGBTQIA+-friendly game, but in the new story progression feature, sims never call asking for advice about a same-sex love interest. Calls are only ever about a potential heterosexual pairing.

I would like to see the game developers tune the story progression feature so that sims calling the active household about a romantic interest ask about sims of all genders.

I'm sure that my feelings about this aren't universal, though I imagine there could be others like me that wish they could escape to a world where homophobia and compulsory heterosexuality are not the norm.

I hope that the game developers can address this issue. Please feel free to signal boost this post, to post about this issue on social media, or to tell a game changer. It's important to me, so I imagine it could be important to someone else. Who knows. Anway, happy Pride month.

Like xochiquetzl_xkvn said, is randomic, i play in the Italian version of the game, and often, my sim's friend, ask me advice for theyre homosexual interest, and i pratically play ever with heterosexual sim (but love is love, no matter gender, preference, etc), so yes is totally random, i think the only things can increase the chance of recive a call for same-sex love interest, is increase the number of friend your sim have, in my game, i pratically become a friend of every sim in the game.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (287 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

Perhaps you've just been unlucky, because I get a lot of gay romantic progression. I'm a rotational player with a lot of same-sex couples, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference?

Message 2 of 4 (296 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@joobusgoobus wrote:

The Sims is typically a very LGBTQIA+-friendly game, but in the new story progression feature, sims never call asking for advice about a same-sex love interest. Calls are only ever about a potential heterosexual pairing.

I would like to see the game developers tune the story progression feature so that sims calling the active household about a romantic interest ask about sims of all genders.

I'm sure that my feelings about this aren't universal, though I imagine there could be others like me that wish they could escape to a world where homophobia and compulsory heterosexuality are not the norm.

I hope that the game developers can address this issue. Please feel free to signal boost this post, to post about this issue on social media, or to tell a game changer. It's important to me, so I imagine it could be important to someone else. Who knows. Anway, happy Pride month.

Like xochiquetzl_xkvn said, is randomic, i play in the Italian version of the game, and often, my sim's friend, ask me advice for theyre homosexual interest, and i pratically play ever with heterosexual sim (but love is love, no matter gender, preference, etc), so yes is totally random, i think the only things can increase the chance of recive a call for same-sex love interest, is increase the number of friend your sim have, in my game, i pratically become a friend of every sim in the game.

Message 3 of 4 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn that is wonderful!!! it must be my luck in that case. i'm glad it's possible <3 thank you for telling me.
Message 4 of 4 (284 Views)