Re: Clean up

by Player_jp5s5eav

Original Post

Clean up

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

So I'm having a problem with one of my households. My sims won't clean up the dishes and instead leave them on tables and counters. 

I have a trash can inside and outside and I also have a sink (which I've switched out multiple times) but nothing is working. I made sure 

there's nothing blocking the sink or trash cans but they still won't clean.

Not sure what to do now, if anyone knows that would be great thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (371 Views)

★ Guide

When you say won't clean, do you mean they won't clean autonomously or that you click them to clean something, but they ultimately just leave it siting somewhere?

Message 2 of 6 (348 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Player_jp5s5eav It is sometimes both.
Message 3 of 6 (315 Views)

★ Guide

Huh... Well, usually when they don't autonomously clean, it is pretty normal. As for the other case, does your sim pick up a used dish, head for the sink or dishwasher, but then cancels the action by shaking their hand in the air with a thought bubble that has an x in it? (ie. the case of something really is blocking them from getting to the trash or sink.) If it isn't that either, do you use any mods? A mod could be causing a glitch in this. If you do run your game with mods, remove the folder, place it somewhere safe and run your game then to see if the problem persists. If it does then, it may be a bug that needs to be reported in the technical issues forum.

Message 4 of 6 (276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes my sim does pick up a used dish, head for the sink or dishwasher, and then cancels the action by shaking their hand in the air with a thought bubble that has an x in it. I've made sure nothing is blocking the way to the trash can and sink. I do not have any mods.

Message 5 of 6 (259 Views)

★ Guide

That action your sim is making means something is definitely blocking the sink or the trash then. You could try removing surrounding items and place them in your household inventory. By surrounding items, this can even include a shelf that may be above the sink or a wall decoration. Maybe you could upload a screen shot of where your sink and trash can are?

Message 6 of 6 (228 Views)