Re: Circular roof on 2 story builds prohibit stairs on 1st floor to 2nd floor

by crinrict

Original Post

Circular roof on 2 story builds prohibit stairs on 1st floor to 2nd floor

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Raise the terrain, make it nice and level (not sure if terrain contributes to the issue or not), put a room on grade (first floor), put a room on top of that one (second floor), put a CIRCULAR roof above of the 2nd floor room, then try to put some stairs in the first floor room leading to the second floor.. It says the stairs on the first floor are intersecting the roof above the 2nd floor room. which of course they don't.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't let me place stairs in a 1st floor room because it says it intersects the circular roof ABOVE the 2nd floor room. If I delete the circular roof, I can place the stairs. If I use any other style of roof, I can place the stairs. But if I put a circular roof on, the stairs disappear. and it will not let me replace them The only way I can add the stairs with the roof there, is (with move objects on) draw add a third floor room through the roof. but if I alter any of walls of the 3rd floor room (make them a fence, half walls, anything), the stairs disappear again.
What do you expect to see? To be able to put stairs going from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor and still have a circular roof above the second floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is very frustrating because I haven't found a build work around for what I'm trying to do.  I really want to use a circular dome roof.  Please help.  I don't know if having used the terrain tool has anything to do with the bug or not, but all other roof styles do not cause this bug.

With no circular roof, stairs place ok:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X5LfP89IhYv0htkgwBxYeyyRViYDcyR0/view?usp=sharing 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Zs4fbdlurjZlz7oNZScAtxSCtZejznW/view?usp=sharing 

With circular roof, stairs disappear and cannot replace:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pr6hUmk8Ti7KFxPEVgZIjO59mBjTKTpf/view?usp=sharing 

Exterior view of building: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p47oNzAlYudjkOA90DR7qTenNx2Hg5zX/view?usp=sharing 

1st floor stairs CAN place if there's a third floor room, even with the roof (MOO to do this), but modify any 3rd floor room walls (ie., turn into a fence) and the stairs disappear

Message 1 of 3 (396 Views)

Hero

@Liz_GoBucks 

I tested this in a similar space that shows in your pictures with a circular roof above.  I tried with the roof in place and placing the stairs and then with placing the stairs and then putting on the roof.  I could place the stairs without a problem in both cases.  My thought on your problem is that there is something else there that isn't shown on the far side of the stairs that may be interfering and the error message you are getting is not correctly identifying what is causing the issue.  I do see some fencing which I know has given me trouble with stairs in some of my builds so I suggest you take a look to see if maybe a fence is preventing the stair placement. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (316 Views)

Hero
@Liz_GoBucks Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)