by Toffifee13

Original Post

Circle of Life trophy is bugged.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through from birth to death by old age.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. I have tried giving birth at home, at the hospital, going through ages normally, going through ages by aging up with candles and wait until they die of old age as elders. I have tried normal life span and short life span and it doesn't work. I have had them being birthed and dying of old age at least 4-5 times now.
What do you expect to see? I expect the trophy to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Se above. I have also tried this on PS4 with no result.

I have also tried starting a new household with no result.

Message 1 of 6 (1,679 Views)

Re: Circle of Life trophy is bugged.

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Toffifee13Birth is completely irrelevant here. All your Sim has to do is to age up four times and then die of old age. What happens if your Sim ages up on their own?

I wonder if the addition of ageUpInteraction_BlowCandles_NoConstraint has something to do with this bug - it doesn't appear in the objective test file

Message 2 of 6 (1,655 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried that too. Just leaving them to age up without blowing out the candles. Nothing. I am now trying again from birth to death on normal life span, not skipping any days. I know it shouldn't matter but I want to at least try.

My sister got it quite fast, without knowing it. But you're saying that even if I adopt a baby, it should work? Because it doesn't. So annoying. Well I have like 18 generations left before I have gone through 26 generations. I hope it pops before that.

Message 3 of 6 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Have now also tried normal life span, no age up except when they have 0 days left to age up. No trophy.

Message 4 of 6 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Toffifee13 Have you been able to unlock other trophies after this one failed to appear?

Do you have testingcheats on in this or any save? If so, can you turn them off in the save they are active on, close the game out completely, and relaunch.

Save your end of life sim to your library and place them in a new save after turning cheats off in any save to see if the trophy appears.

Message 5 of 6 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper Yes. Other trophies worked fine. I had no cheats on.

I have now managed to get this one. What I had to do was to go to a new neighbourhood, create a new family, have a baby and then have that one die of old age. Worked the first time I tried.

Message 6 of 6 (1,501 Views)