Children inherit in adulthood dyed hair color from their parents.

by Kwarcdymny1

Original Post

Children inherit in adulthood dyed hair color from their parents.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a woman and a man in cas. Choose dyed hair colors for them and use the "Play with genes" option to make a toddler. Then change them into a child and then into a teenager. In life mode, also try to get a child, parents with dyed hair and age it to a teenager.
What happens when the bug occurs? Children get random hair colors not related to their parents' hair color. Teenagers inherit dyed hair from their parents, even if their parents had earlier natural hair colors.
What do you expect to see? I expect the option to choose the sims in the cas of their natural hair color and the possibility of dyeing hair so that the natural hair color is preserved in the parents' genes. And children inherited their natural hair color instead of getting random in childhood and in getting adult dyed color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In my opinion, choosing a natural (genetic) hair color for sims and being able to dye them (visually) would be a good way to get rid of the bug. Sims who were created earlier with dyed hair color would get a random natural (genetic) hair color so that they could give children a natural hair color.
I would like to add that it happens that an adult sim who had parents with dyed hair could sometimes get the color he get random at childhood and it could also be repaired.

Photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48619332637/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48619185401/in/dateposted-public/

Message 1 of 3 (2,114 Views)

Re: Children inherit in adulthood dyed hair color from their parents.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Kwarcdymny1Well I don't think completely re-designing the entire hair system in The Sims is the way to go to fix that problem.

But I do agree that having all ages of children inheriting one of the parents hair colors is a good idea.

I tend to just do things myself. If I have two parents with different hair colors, I tend to choose one or the other, or just make the child's hair color to be somewhere in between. Whatever suits my fancy.

I do all kinds of things. Sometimes I'll make a son look exactly like his father. Sometimes I'll give him his mother's hair color. Sometimes I'll give a daughter the hair of her father, features of her mother, whatever. Depends on the situation.  It's up to me. EA and the Sims can't possibly predict how I want to play.

Message 2 of 3 (2,037 Views)

Re: Children inherit in adulthood dyed hair color from their parents.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I hope that this information goes to simguru and do something about it. In ts2, when the hair color was set, create a SIM card, and then in a life mode, using a mirror changed to another, did not interfere with the genetic color, as in ts4. I would like developers to do it in ts4.

Message 3 of 3 (1,999 Views)