Re: Child taken away

by xXGamingKiddoXx

Original Post

Child taken away

★★★★ Novice

I have read every single report and subject about the child services taking away a baby/toddler/child sim. But my issue have a different prospective. My child was taken away by the child services cuz of his mom passed away even though his father still in the neighborhood. His mom and father were not married only gf and bf. I should be able to move him in with his father after his mother’s death. Supposedly, the parents were divorced and the child is with one of them, the other parent should be able to get his child. Is there any solution for this problem other than going back to a previous save? cuz iam waaaaaaay far in the game after the mothers death.

P.S. The child is still in his father’s family tree and I can’t find the child in the adoption to be adopted by his father or other random sim.

Message 1 of 7 (2,660 Views)

Champion

@xXGamingKiddoXx, I seem to remember in other versions of the Sims that your child would return to the adoption pool for another Sim to adopt, but this doesn't happen in The Sims 4 , for some reason.Frown   Many other people have tried but have been unsuccessful.  To my knowledge, the only way to fix the situation would be to go back to an old save.  (If you were to do this, I would either move the dad in with the mom and child, or I would move the child in with the dad, or I would age the child up to teen so that they won't be taken away.Wink  A teen can live in the game on their own, although this is very difficult without using money cheats! Raised eyebrow

The only other way is it is possible that there is a Mod somewhere that would allow for the child to be in the adoption pool, but I don't know, since I don't play with Mods. Wink  (Mods require a lot of upkeep and I'm too lazy to deal with them.Embarrassed  But if you don't keep up with them, they can mess up your game.  Disappointed  This mostly happens when EA updates the game with a patch -- Mod Makers have to then update their Mods and CC, and you have to make sure all your Mods/CC is up to date.Raised eyebrow

I think the easiest thing for you to do is to go back to a previous save! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (2,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 
Thank you for ur reply!
I just hope that developers consider adding guardianship features to the game. I will check that mod out and I will appreciate it in case u know of that mod link to share here with me and other readers.

XOXO

Message 3 of 7 (2,610 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
yeah, the same thing has happened to me before in which a family member has died and my toddler gets taken away since, but other times like once both parents died (drowning oops my bad) and the child got to stay with the teenager? it may depend of the living and relationship status. even though his/her/their dad is alive if he doesnt live in the house then i guess there isnt enough time to move him in and have the child stay. as i know of there are no options to 'move in with father/move in with mother' if something happens you have to do it manually but it would be a good idea.
Message 4 of 7 (2,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@OhRhiannon tbh i was chocked when Aaron (the gone child) had been taken away by the child services at the same time the grim reaper finished with the mother. i didn’t get the chance to beg him for her life and suddenly bof. the game was over and i had to select one of the households that iam playing. i thought i was going to get him back so i didn’t act immediately and then i realized i missed the chance when iam having one save file and i saved already so a lesson in life. so frustrating /:

Message 5 of 7 (2,579 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Oh my!! That is extremely frustrating after you have been playing theses characters for a while. That sucks Frown
Message 6 of 7 (2,575 Views)

Champion

@xXGamingKiddoXx, Yes, it would be better if they gave your child Sim the chance to live with a parent that isn't in the household, or a grandparent, aunt/uncle, or even a family friend! Heart  Do you have an old save you can go back to?Wondering Hopefully you do!  

By the way, Sims can also plead with the Grim Reaper to spare the life of dying Sim.  It doesn't always work, but it can't hurt to try! Angel 

Your Sim child would have remained in the house if there had been another teen or older Sim living there. Also, dogs or cats will also be removed by Animal Control if there aren't' any teens or older living on the lot.  

About the Mod, I don't know for certain if a mod like that exists, but I think it might since there are a lot of people who have been upset when their adult Sims died and the children were taken away, especially since their neighbors couldn't adopt the child afterward!.Shocked  My guess is that if a Mod like that is out there, then it would probably let the newly orphaned child into the adoption pool.

But we are not allowed to give links to sites that have Mods.  Mods and CC  require a lot of work to prevent them from messing up your game.  You might get some CC hair styles in your game and then find that your Sim cant use the shower, or some crazy thing like that! Large smile  And please note that every time EA updates the game with a patch, any of your CC or Mods can then become broken and cause problems.Devil  The people who make the mods/CC have to update them to work with the new patch, and then you have to find the new mods/CC update and make sure you have it.  And if your game messes up because of outdated Mods or CC, then you will have to go through all your Mods/CC to find out what is causing the problem! Disappointed  

You also might want to get your Sims Death Flowers.  You can find them in the game and then grow them. If your child had presented the Grim Reaper with a Death Flower, the Grim would have accepted it and spared the mother!   Here is a link from Carl's Sims 4 Guide explaining them: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/death/

Here is their link on gardening: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

I really hope you can get an older save back! Fingers crossed 

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (2,558 Views)