by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Child sim stuck at practical performer

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? pets, city living, get famous and dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So my child sim has join a drama club and her position was stuck in practical performer and cant progress to junior artiste (last position)
What happens when the bug occurs? The performance meter has already reached green and it has a yellow checkmark which indicates that she is ready to progress. I’ve also completed its daily tasks which is “learning new lines” but it still cant progress no matter what.
What do you expect to see? my child sim is able to progress to junior artiste
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No 

So my child sim has join a drama club and her position was stuck in practical performer and cant progress to junior artiste (last position).The performance meter has already reached green and it has a yellow checkmark which indicates that she is ready to progress. I’ve also completed its daily tasks which is “learning new lines” but it still cant progress no matter what. There are also no other requirements that has to be achieved other than completing daily tasks which of course I’ve done it already.

Message 1 of 15 (7,577 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] [PS4] Child sim stuck at practical performer

Hero
@Asheisha96 I can't test this as I don't have a console

Does this only happen to one child or all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (7,546 Views)

★ Apprentice

it just happen to one child since I only have one.

Message 3 of 15 (7,526 Views)

Hero
@Asheisha96 If you have some time, could you test if it also occurs on another ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (7,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sure but the thing is I’ve also done some researches and it looks like someone else has also discuss this type of bug. I just reinstall the game and all its pack. The result was still the same. It must be a bug from the game for sure. Or is it possible that the progression would only happen when Im already a teen?

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 15 (7,511 Views)

Hero
@Asheisha96 I haven't really played around with Drama club but I would thing you should be able to progress.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (7,482 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm not on Windows and my teen sim is in the same position.  She is a practical performer (level 3), has the green check to go to level 4 and has gone twice while having that check mark and has not been 'promoted' either time.  I have all the packs, use no mods/cc and am game version PC 1.58.63.1010.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 7 of 15 (7,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Since you’re on PC, I maybe got the right solution for you.

You can try using this cheat which I’ve found in other types of forums.

careers.promote dramaclub

I could try this too but I won’t consider doing it since Im playing this game on console which would disable me to get trophies. Anyways best of luck.

Message 8 of 15 (7,412 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Child sim stuck at practical performer

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Asheisha96  @MapleSimmer  @crinrict  

I did some testing, and this is what I found. I had never done the drama after school club and luckily I had a toddler ready when this issue arose. 

First I had the child practice and study until they were a "Practical Performer" as a child. The child was stuck at this level because they are not able to actually do the needed requirements to advance until they become a teen. The tooltip even says this.

The Sims™ 4_20191125092726.jpg

The requirement to get to "Junior Artiste" is to have both the progress bar maxed, but ALSO have level 3 acting. The promotion requirement changed when he became a teen.

The Sims™ 4_20191125153727.jpg

My sim became a teen, leveled their acting to 3 and was promoted to "Junior Artiste" with no issue.

The Sims™ 4_20191125175721.jpg

So, I do believe not getting promoted as a child is not a bug.

Message 9 of 15 (7,373 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Child sim stuck at practical performer

★ Apprentice

wow I guess your answer just helped me solve this issue. Thx a lot mate

Message 10 of 15 (7,353 Views)