Re: Chief of Police Cap is not a Career Reward

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Chief of Police Cap is not a Career Reward

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim up to the top of the detective career and look at the rewarded CAS items.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Chief of Police cap (the white one, see picture below) isn't there.
What do you expect to see? That the Chief of Police cap (the white one, see picture below) is a reward in the Detective career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This may not be a bug, maybe it has always been like this, BUT I find it odd that the Chief of Police cap (the white cap, see picture below) isn't a reward since all of the clothing from all positions in the Scientist and Doctor careers can be rewarded. So, if this is not a bug it would still need a fix imo.

Just to be extra clear, this is not about the blue or the black cap, which are rewarded at level 2, it's specifically about the WHITE Chief of Police cap.

ChiefOfPolice.png

Message 1 of 17 (1,097 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Is that one different from the recolor of the black one that unlocks at level 2 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Yes, the one that unlocks at level 2 only have the options of black and blue, and the badge on the front looks a bit different.
Message 3 of 17 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd I have also a white option. Just checked. But I only leveled up to 2.

Does it disappear later on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,022 Views)

Champion

It shows up OK for me in CAS (Plan Outfits). I used the unlocks filter to show only items that were unlocked. My sim became Chief of Police years ago though. I don't have any other sims who have reached that level recently.

2020-04-03.jpg

Message 5 of 17 (1,004 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Did you have any luck finding it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (959 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I haven’t found it in CAS yet. I think I should try having another police officer to get the hat, to see if there’s something wrong with my first police officer.
Message 7 of 17 (950 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd For me it was enough to advance to level 2 to get it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (947 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict To get the white one? I only got the blue one and the black one at level 2.
Message 9 of 17 (934 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd yes, the white one also unlocked at level two for me

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (925 Views)