Re: Chez Llama not performing properly

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chez Llama not performing properly

★ Guide

So I'm on my PS4. I found Chez Llama and placed it, my game was at that time laggy as hell, spent all night there and got 3 meals successfully served/photo'd/eaten/learned, then he had to go to work.

I went through, uninstalled and reinstalled about half of my DLC, including Dine Out. Strange things are happening now. 

Many of the NPC Sims are now bald, others are dressed in underwear. Once my Sim got seated at CL but the chef never showed up for work. Next time I tried, there's no one to seat him so it's stalled completely, since he can't sit at a table 'that's not his'. 

Why would removing other packs from my save file impact Dine Out so much? I have Cats and Dogs installed, half the Brindleton Bay NPCs are either bald or wearing only underwear. Why is this happening? Why are unrelated packs/DLC impacting others that have nothing to do with them? It's got me very confused.

~Tyger <3

But I'm thrilled to harvest my crops again, woohoo! :D

Message 1 of 5 (735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@TygerNight The sims will randomly wear hair/clothes from other packs when you load your game. If you remove the packs that these sims are using, the result is what you are now seeing in your game. The only thing you can do is start a new save, or revert your save to before you removed the packs and add them all back to fix the sims.

You can also go into the CAS on the save and re-dress everyone.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (703 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@TygerNight The sims will randomly wear hair/clothes from other packs when you load your game. If you remove the packs that these sims are using, the result is what you are now seeing in your game. The only thing you can do is start a new save, or revert your save to before you removed the packs and add them all back to fix the sims.

You can also go into the CAS on the save and re-dress everyone.

Message 2 of 5 (704 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Wow, I'm going to be seeing a lot of bald and underwear-clad NPCs then! LOL It's really not worth clogging up my PS4 with so many packs if they make it lag so much. I really hate it, but I even uninstalled DU, so I lost robotics and all the things my Sim earned at college. But I've only had 1 crash since I changed it all over, so it's very worth not rocking the boat.
Maybe one of the patches will make it so my system can run more packs and not crash, but I don't know that yet. Until I hear that most people are no longer experiencing them constantly, I'm not pushing my system. I will get CL in the future though, but not until it's been out several months and gotten some fixes in place first. :P
Message 3 of 5 (684 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper But that doesn't address the actual title of the post! O_O I only just realized that I'm hoping someone can explain why Dine Out is not running Chez Llama as it should be. LOL
Message 4 of 5 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TygerNight  First you should look in the bug report section for bugs related to the pack, since there always are a few reported. Then you should look at the actual layout of the restaurant, to see if it could be better for a more fluid gameplay. The premade lot is large and I remember not liking the way it is built, since the routing is not good for a restaurant. But if you want help with the functioning of the restaurant you could give more info, what doesn't work exactly, and if you edited the restaurant in anyway, if your sim is owning it etc.

Message 5 of 5 (627 Views)