Re: Changing Sims Family/Relationship Issues

by Sapphir567

Original Post

Changing Sims Family/Relationship Issues

★★★★ Novice

I created a Sim household with the Sims married. I moved them into an empty lot (Newcrest) and then I decided I wanted them to start as roommates and did the cheat (the CAS full edit) to reset it but it wouldn't let me.  It would let me play with everything else (age, traits, voice) but would not let me change the relationship.  I then evicted them so I could place the lot from the gallery and move them in at a later time (they are now in Manage Households - I also have a copy saved to My Gallery).

It was suggested to me that I create a new household with a throwaway Sim and merge the households so that they would be like new - I did this and was able to change the relationship type. I then deleted the throwaway Sim and saved the household to My Gallery and it also appears in Manage Households.

When I went into CAS from Manage Households to create another outfit for my female Sim, I saw that the relationship had reverted back to Married. How do I get this to stick? I want an in-game wedding, not for them to start out as already married. What should I do?

Message 1 of 14 (1,774 Views)

★ Guide

@Sapphir567 Hi, what i normally do when this happens is, keep the cheat for cas.fulleditmode go into cas.  Save them, then redownload them to cas again, delete the married ones, which are normally the first ones on the screen.  The sims will be housemates again.  You wont lose your relationships or job, etc  But you can start a fresh with these sims, you can cheat there relationship and romance using ie MCCC.  It works everytime for me.

Message 2 of 14 (1,766 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Somehow I'm not following - I downloaded the game only a month ago.  Right now they're sitting in Manage Households. I don't think I can activate the CAS cheat with them there, or can I? Do I have to pretend to move them in?

Message 3 of 14 (1,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sapphir567  I would go into game play first, put the cheat in the window.  Then you can go to managing households where they are.  Look for Edit at the bottom of managing households, ie where you can change households, and deleted them.  Also when you click on a lot and it comes up, look for edit will take you straight to cas.  You can in game play edit in cas if you shift click on your sim, a pie menu appears and it should say go to cas or edit in cas.  When you have testingcheats on. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Sapphir567There are several ways to do this. Relationships in-game tend to be persistent.

1. You can to as @TGamez1 suggested and use MCCC. There is an option to delete existing relationships. Very simple, Very easy.

2. You can use a cheat command to delete the relationship. But cheat commands like this have always been hit-and-miss. Not very reliable.

3. If you don't want to use that AWESOME mod or cheats, then the manual way to do it would be to split them into separate households, upload both households to your Library. Then delete both sims from Manage Households and place them both again separately from your library. They'll both be like they never met each other.

Message 5 of 14 (1,717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry I'm a bit late on this - so I currently have the couple in Manage Households as well as My Library (songle household). If I am understanding this correctly, I take the couple that is in Manage Households, split them in two (have one leave the household and create their own, I guess?).  Then before I delete the copy of the couple I saved in My Library (always want to do something like this last), I save each individual Sim to My Library as their own one-person houshold. I delete the couple in My Library, then try to place the individual Sim households so the one-person households show up in Manage Households (I can place them and evict them or something like that).  I then go into Manage Households and merge the two and set them as roommates?

I did have one of my Sims (Johnny Zest) move out of his lot and move in with the Roomies in Oasis (I wanted to bulldoze his dinky little house which was taking up a valuable 40x30 lot). I set his relationship to these Sims (Zoe, Gavin, Mitchell) as roommate.  So I guess the same idea applies? I can move each Sim onto a blank lot, have one "move in" with the other, set their relationship to roommates, evict them, have them show up in Manage Households, and then save the new household to My Library?

Sorry I'm just going around in circles here.

Message 6 of 14 (1,687 Views)

★ Guide

@Sapphir567 If you have them in the Library already, you can place them in cas, If they are still married to each other, just save them again and add them again, they should be not be married now.  Then delete the first two.  This is the way ive always done it.  There is probably hundreds of different ways to :  )

Message 7 of 14 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Sapphir567

The key thing is, if you want to remove the relationship between two sims, make sure they are in separate households, upload each household to your library, delete them from manage households, and place them back again from your library. The act of moving them to your library will remove their relationships.

There are other ways to do it as mentioned. Once they are in your library, you can actually go through creating a NEW sim, and place both sims from your library into the same household. It'll end up the same way. Once they are in your library, they will forget all their relationships outside their household. You can then place them however you want and they won't remember each other.

One thing, if you place them from your library into separate houses, they will not even know each other. However, if you merge their households in CAS from your library, the game will assign a simple relationship between them, I think just under "friends".

Message 8 of 14 (1,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Psychotps I think that sims who are just housemates living together for the first time, dont have much of a relationship with them really, they are still acquaintances.  They will know what job they have, or student.  And will know all their traits.  But its also nice to meet sims and get to know them to. 

Message 9 of 14 (1,653 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TGamez1

That was what I meant. It assigns a basic relationship depending on what you set their relationship to be in CAS. If you leave it as housemates, it's slightly friendly. If you set it to marriage, it's higher with some romance too. If you don't want any at all, place them separately.

Just remember, if you place them separately, the game might have the one you're not playing start building other relationships. If you wait too long, you might find them married before you get to them.
Message 10 of 14 (1,641 Views)