Changing OS, do I have to buy everything again?

by erinaudley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing OS, do I have to buy everything again?

★★★ Newbie

I am getting a new computer and switching my operating system from Mac to Windows. Will my licences carry over and Origin let me download the Windows versions of the Sims 4 and all of the packs that I have? Or am I expected to purchase everything again?

Message 1 of 2 (378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing OS, do I have to buy everything again?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@erinaudley You should be fine & you will not have to buy all of those packs again. As far as I know you'd only have to do that if you were switching platforms, like from a computer to XBox One or PS4.

When you get your new PC, install Origin first and then you can re-download all of your old packs from there. If you need any help on how to do that please feel free to ask when the time comes. After you've installed the base game and all of your packs make sure to launch the game at least one time to create the Sims 4 folders before you try to transfer any of your old saves, tray files, mods or CC, or other user files. Launch the game, let it create new Sims 4 folders, and then you can copy the contents of your old user folders into your new computer.

If you need any help choosing a new PC there are some great helpers here who can assist you with that too.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (369 Views)

All Replies

Re: Changing OS, do I have to buy everything again?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@erinaudley You should be fine & you will not have to buy all of those packs again. As far as I know you'd only have to do that if you were switching platforms, like from a computer to XBox One or PS4.

When you get your new PC, install Origin first and then you can re-download all of your old packs from there. If you need any help on how to do that please feel free to ask when the time comes. After you've installed the base game and all of your packs make sure to launch the game at least one time to create the Sims 4 folders before you try to transfer any of your old saves, tray files, mods or CC, or other user files. Launch the game, let it create new Sims 4 folders, and then you can copy the contents of your old user folders into your new computer.

If you need any help choosing a new PC there are some great helpers here who can assist you with that too.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

Message 2 of 2 (370 Views)