Changing Keybindings in The Sims 4

by NatteulvenDk

Original Post

Re: Changing Keybindings in The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen One of the biggest benefits is that not everyone uses a keyboard with a number pad. So my 1 is in fact NOT right above the 0 key. Benefit to changing the keys would be (for me) to put the pause on ` instead.
Message 61 of 81 (3,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on a laptop (Mac) because I don’t have a pc. My laptop is over 3 years old so some of the keys do not work and some of those keys are needed to do certain things in the game. Such as my control key which I need to bring up the console in game. There are settings where you can change the use of keys on Mac but sometimes the game doesn’t pick it up so it would be heaps easier if I was able to change keybinds. Yes I can get my keyboard fixed but I can’t afford it and it takes way too long, I’ve had to get it fixed once before and it took 2 weeks.

Message 62 of 81 (3,176 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am happy this issue is gaining so e traction.  I have mentioned the need for this several times. Although it has taken years, hopefully,  it will happen. 

Message 63 of 81 (3,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This person has the answer. You can't change the keybinding, but they know the keybind.

Message 64 of 81 (2,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So why is 123 together but 0 gotta be on the whole opposite side????

Message 65 of 81 (2,871 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree. I am annoyed that P is the pause time button when P is on the other side of the keyboard compared to WASD. And no, that is not a shooter thing, that is standard for all video games and I use WASD to move the camera around in TS4. Even if I didn't use WASD in the Sims, I am right-handed and P is on the right side of the keyboard. It is much more comfortable for my left hand to press keys on the left side of my keyboard when my right hand is on the mouse. I am not saying that the keybind has to be changed for everyone, but you should have the ability to rebind keys in this game, same as any other game, even for rarely used keybindings which can still be changed in most other games.

Message 66 of 81 (2,784 Views)

@skrubbadubdub  The key to the left of 1 (it's ` and ~ on my keyboard) should work as a Pause button as well.  It's what I use on an English-language layout.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 67 of 81 (2,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just started playing sims 4 on my laptop (pc), there is no button to order your sim to go upstairs. There is no way to even access the second or upperfloors unless you have a controllabke sim there. Ive read how you need to go to the stairs and press X or pause. X just zooms away (why is there even a key for it when I can easily zoom in and out using the mouse/touch pad) and Pause doesnt do anything. Every single time I go online to see what key I need to press to do something it never works on my laptop. If there was a way to edit Controls I could at the freaking least see what key/combination I do need to press.

Honestly kinda ruins the game for me. 

Message 68 of 81 (2,707 Views)

@wc9svejxp8y6  In the upper-right corner of the screen, there are a few different buttons for various controls, two of which are little triangles/arrows that point up and down.  You can use those to go up or down a floor.  Or you can use the Page Up and Page Down keys to switch floors, although this doesn't work on all keyboard layouts.

Once you're viewing the correct floor, click on whatever object you want the sim to use, or click the floor itself and select Go Here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 69 of 81 (2,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also want the same, I want my pause to be at 1, to use the left 1234 with the speeds, I hate taking my hand off the mouse to press or take my whole hand to the right where the P key or the 0 is frustrating , very ridiculous that they do not let you map the keys at will.

Message 70 of 81 (2,632 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help