by Peachess143

Original Post

Re: Changing Keybindings in The Sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

ur a life saver and i would be lost without u

Message 21 of 81 (4,783 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@NoxOculis V key on your mouse. I don't have a V key on my mouse. I've been gaming all my life and the V key on the keyboard has rarely been needed for utilization. We are speaking english with english keys, not french? Sims uses keys like a compass formation, for moving the world. My cp runs avi. No computer that runs Sims is prehistoric. So, my point is, i don't understand what you are trying to prove here. Im baffled kinda
Message 22 of 81 (4,577 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Peachess143 AVI isn't a video format. It's a multimedia container format. AVI is nothing without video codecs, and not all PCs have video codecs installed. It's an antique format and was a bad design, which is why it isn't used hardly any more. Every company/video wanted to have their own "codec" so the number of codecs exploded, and people would have to install dozens and dozens of codecs, which ended up ruining computers.

Different players like different keyboard configurations. Me, I HATE WASD for movement in games. I prefer the older WADX configuration. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it wrong.
Message 23 of 81 (4,560 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Yeah. There are players for AVI that are converters to MP4 or comes with it to automatically recognize AVI files as readable for windows music, video, etc. No need for a codec when windows allows the simple conversion.

When did i say i don't like movement or that i like movement? I play sims, i don't like touching my keyboard if i dont have to when playing, I've also been playing World of Warcraft longer than i have lived and other games. I have no problem with keybinding needs, I see no need in keybindings added to sims and believe that would make a ton of problems for the player base as they need to use keys to do what they used to just click for. THAT is what made me involve my opinions in here. I am very versatile when it comes to gaming and will play almost anything honestly.
Message 24 of 81 (4,545 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NatteulvenDk its 2021 and i just transferred to pc, im wondering if theres a mod that lets u do it. i have a small keyboard and a mouse with low dpi so i rely on keyboard camera controls most of the time. i also have a 60% keyboord so it would be nice to be able to switch floors and toggle walls using different keys aside from home/end and pgup/pgdn.
Message 25 of 81 (4,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen have you never played any other pc game. almost all let you change these. I for one have back and forth buttons on my mouse and a key binding for page up and down would be perfect for them but this game for some reason doesn't follow the same standard as every other pc game, having customizable keybindings.
Message 26 of 81 (4,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it’s the build mode options for me.

i don’t have an ALT key on my keyboard (it’s broken), so i can’t free move without awkwardly pressing down in a specific spot

also the keys for sizing up and down are a little awkward and it’d be nice to be able to have one hand on my mouse, and the other on WASD and using the surrounding keys for shortcuts especially in build mode.

id love a mod for this

Message 27 of 81 (4,400 Views)

★ Guide

The number of times I have exited back to the neighborhood while in build mode because I accidentally hit F1 instead of ESCAPE .... why can I NOT set my own keybinds in this game?? I would definitely disable that f*@#ing F1 key.

Message 28 of 81 (4,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

I completely agree that we need to be able to redo keybinds. I wanted to go into first person, but I am using Steam. It's the same keys used to open the overlay. I use the overlay a lot to chat and use the browser through it, so I really don't want to disable it just to go into first person. I honestly thought this was one of the cooler features of the sims 4. That I was to be able to view life from the eyes of a sim. But I guess I will just have to miss out on that feature for a bit. 

Message 29 of 81 (4,284 Views)

@lyricgrr  You can change the key binding for the Steam overlay instead.  I know it's not a perfect solution, but at least you'd have access to both features.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 30 of 81 (4,268 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help