Changing Keybindings in The Sims 4

by NatteulvenDk

Original Post

Changing Keybindings in The Sims 4

★★★★ Apprentice

This is the real issue with this game !

Why are there not a way to change my keybindings in this game.! 

Heard many say that it is needed, and i think  THIS IS the only game in the world with lack of that feature.

Any with connection who can answer me WHY they have left out keybinds for this game ?! 

Message 1 of 81 (124,289 Views)

Re: Changing Keybindings in The Sims 4

Champion (Retired)

The Sims 4 is mainly controlled with the mouse with only a few keyboard commands so there is no real reason to have a feature to change keybindings and I have never seen a request for this before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 81 (124,254 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
The meaningless rotation of the cam on N and M why not Q and E would make more sense ? as you use ADSW ?!
Message 3 of 81 (124,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You rotate the screen with , and .  M is used for travelling.

Why don't you use the mouse to move the screen you need to use it all the time any way.

Your mention of WASD suggest that you are more accustomed to First Person Shooters (FPS) however the Sims 4 is not an FPS. Thus trying to control it as if it were is really not the best option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 81 (124,242 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Actually it is not me but my GF playing this game and she played Since Sims 1 and is still thinking it is annoying not to have those two buttons at Q and E ?!  she dont play FPS and never Has. ! this is just that a game this popular this "big" this Magnitude does not have the options to change keybindings like nearly every other game releases.

Message 5 of 81 (124,229 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would like to change camera controls and rotation of objects to mouse 4-7 because those are the only controls I would have had to use a keyboard for.

Message 6 of 81 (124,149 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had a mouse that had the battery area kinda broken and it would go out like it was dead and id have to use tweezers to put the wires in place and then the battery in there in a special way and wait til it eventually needs me to do that again. So i bought a 30$ mouse on Amazon that looked like it was a lasting one, the stuff it was made with and the features, then like 3 days after i get it, i was scrolling and i set it aside and as i lifted my finger all the way up i heard a weird sound and it kinda sunk and my finger followed it down lightly. Then i realized it wasn't scrolling and when i tried the scroll wheel made a raspy sound like it was stuck so i tried to fix it, i fixed some of the weird sound it made to make it sound normal but like there isn't much i can mess with on the mouse since its made to prevent people from breaking into it and * it up like a child or something getting into it while you are at work. So anyways, basically i can't afford to buy a better, and this time, brand name mouse that i can like rely on. I lost my other mouse with the battery issue, so i need to like configure sims to make the button on the side of my mouse scroll in, while the button behind it can scroll out since the mouse is really easy to control all buttons on it when using it. Frown ugh 

Message 7 of 81 (123,738 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Dude, even visual novels and games like World of Warcraft (not first person shooter) and like any game where you move around like a character like Life Is Strange. You are saying Life Is Strange is like a first person shooter, so if i played these other games and am very familiar with those movement keys, and more games use them and sims 3 we had to click S and W and E for South, West, East. To move the camera in those areas. So why doesn't sims 4? you just need to realize that if you play all these other games that isn't the sims, doesn't mean you are accustomed to first person shooters lmao
Message 8 of 81 (123,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have changed the movement of the screen to WASD. Its better for my hands as I am a lefty. I dont remember how (because I want pivot to now be Q and E) but if I find out I will come back

Message 9 of 81 (117,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Totally agree with this issue. I like more to use "`123" for controlling the speed and I move the camera with the "asdw" but the big problem for me is the "page up" and "page down" for the floors.. Why there's no option to make my mouse's back and forward buttons to go up and down the floors? And why more customization is a bad thing?

Message 10 of 81 (117,024 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help