Re: Change the "Scamming" Phone Caller from Bess Sterling to another S

by chesster_wammy

Original Post

Change the "Scamming" Phone Caller from Bess Sterling to another Sim

★★★★★ Novice

Anybody know how change the "Scamming" Phone Caller (who ask for money) from Bess Sterling to another Sim?

I have removed the Entrepreneur trait from Bess Sterling to Malcolm Landgraab.

The "Invest in Legal Scheme" thing in the social bubble has been successfully removed from her to him.

But the phone caller is still Bess Sterling.

Is this something to do with Malcolm Landgraab being a teenager?

Or is it because the game always generating Bess Sterling to be the phone caller?

Message 1 of 5 (5,607 Views)

★★ Guide

I would imagine it's something to do with the game mechanics in that Bess Sterling is always the Scam Caller, but I'm not 100% sure. Perhaps it's something to do with the world you're in? Is your sim family still living in Evergreen Harbour?

Message 2 of 5 (5,491 Views)

Champion
@chesster_wammy Bess Sterling is always searching for investors as a startup for her enterprise. She came into the game as an NPC at the launch of 'Eco lifestyle'. When you keep funding her startup and her business takes off and does really well she will pay you back the investment. It was nice doing business with her. By no means she is a 'scammer'.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 5 (5,475 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply @graciesimssss,

I do no think because of the world my Sims in,

After several checks, I highly believe it is something to do with the game coded her.

Message 4 of 5 (5,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I agree that your statements is true, @Trismagistos. But I believe that it is generated randomly. Sometimes she really pays you back. Sometimes she just scamming you.

Especially she highly mentions that she does intend to scam you if you refused to pay her for 1 Simoleon for happiness (although you indeed received Happy Moodlet if you pay her).

Message 5 of 5 (5,460 Views)