Change Hair Colour Per Outfit Type/Number

by boopidoop

Original Post

Re: Change Hair Colour Per Outfit Type/Number

Hero

@boopidoop wrote:
Hi Crinrit!

I thought it was possible too, maybe it was patched out?

I checked some older threads and I think it was always like that form what I saw.

It does seem to be possible with custom content but not sure how that works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 26 (1,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@boopidoop Oh... so am I understanding correctly that the issue is not that you cannot change the hair style per outfit but the hair color? Sorry, I did not catch that when I had replied. I was referring to being able to change the hair style in my test. Guess I needn't experiment with changing the color per outfit then...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 26 (1,359 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR I love code too! I'm currently studying Games Computing, and we're mostly doing C++ on the course, which is pretty much my favourite language to code in! I would talk about it forever, but I'm very ill at the moment :c

@PugLove888 Haha, there's plenty of sims 2 and 3 features that I wish were back too! like being able to go to different lots without loading screens, drivable cars, glitches that actually made sense rather than this new teleporting bug everyone's getting... Tongue out

I dont have much time at the mo to work on any mods or help out on the forums, but come christmas time I'll see what I can do! Btw I'm only a novice because I've never posted, but I've had an account for 3 years Tongue out

Message 13 of 26 (1,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@boopidoop, yes, this post makes me think of the 4 different areas you could color hair in TS3 -- base color, highlights, roots, and tips.Heart  I do really miss that!  I prefer how Sims look in general in TS4, but I miss that level of color detail in TS3.  I miss the gameplay from TS2 the most, and storytelling abilities! 

I understand how hectic it can be before Christmas, especially if you have a large family or a lot of friends, or both! Large smile  I have to finish crocheting an afghan and a scarf, so I can't Sim as much as I usually do.  (And I've already finished one scarf and 3 shawls for Christmas!)  I love crocheting , but with Get Famous coming out, as well as the new terrain tools, I really want to play the Sims more, but I won't be able to, more than likely! Frown  Anyway, we hope you can help out here after Christmas!  Angel  But don't feel bad if you can't.  I hope you can get some time to work on code as well! Cool

@SheriGR, my sister in law has a Yorkie, and I grew up in a neighborhood with lots of Chihuahuas! Heart  Some were more unruly than others! Wink  My Pug is unruly because she is so young; our previous Pug we rescued when he was about 6 years old and he was well behaved, especially with people.  But this Pug we got as a puppy, and she still thinks biting hands is fun!   That, plus she thinks she is some sort of mountain goat/Ninja! Large smile:eahigh_file:  We cannot put up a Christmas tree until she is better behaved.  But she is finally starting to know the joy of snuggling ! Heart  But all Pugs eventually love snuggling, so it is only a matter of time! 

The only thing like computer code that I learned was DOS!  Large smile  That is what my computer class was on in school, with a little bit of the history of computers thrown in!  I learned Windows/Word/Excel on my own.  Later I worked in the Graphics department doing Desktop Publishing, but that company moved to a different state right after I became very ill.  I enjoyed that work though, and still miss it! 

Later I learned a tiny bit of html for fun, but not much.  

The funny thing about my brother is that he usually can really focus if he really is interested in something no matter how tedious.  The same goes for me:  I minored in Linguistics which would bore the pants off of most people but fascinates me! NerdHeart:eahigh_file:  Same goes for Biology and Geology!  But biology has changed a lot since I went to school because of the decoding of genomes that has revamped the classifications of some organisms!   But my brother just didn't' click with computer programing for some reason. Frown

And what you were saying about coding being power and how just one error can really screw things up big time... the same goes for genetic code!  And it also reminds us (or at least should remind us) just how difficult it is to make a game like The Sims! Raised eyebrow  One little piece of code is off and suddenly our Sims lives are turned upside down! Large smile I cant imagine working on the Sims and making one little mistake, and having all of Twitter explode in hate at me because of a mistake I made! Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 26 (1,318 Views)

Champion

@PugLove888 Yup, yup, yup. I resemble that. Wink I worked at a paper after college creating ads in the mid 80's (the first time I went to college). We'd design the ad, the girls made a printout of the type to the specifications we designed, then we used clipart and cut-and-pasted the ads together. Literally. All of this techy-stuff is such a constantly changing field. It can be overwhelming, but you can always find something new to learn or 'upgrade' your knowledge of. I'd say if your brother found it didn't click for him it's better he moved on. Got to have passion for this stuff or you'll be miserable at it.

I have a 'normal range' liberal arts knowledge of biology, but not a passion for it in general. I do a website each year for conference on mitosis and meiosis. I didn't even remember what this was and had to look it up the first year. Wink  How cool that you do have a passion for biology and natural science - and linguistics! I love English grammar and literature but am poor with other languages. Do you study it in the context of language in general?

I'm sure the recipients of your gifts will be delighted you put the thought, time and love into their special gifts! What a wonderful Christmas plan! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 26 (1,305 Views)

Champion

@SheriGR, ah!  Literal cut and paste! Party hat  In junior high I worked on our school paper and yearbook and of course we didn't use computers!  Large smile  But that is so cool that you got to work on a paper after college! Cool ( Remember the paper boy that used to deliver the daily paper in older versions of The Sims? Thinking Strange to think details such as this have changed in our game over the years! Raised eyebrow )  

Technology isn't as intimidating if you are already in the industry and learning it along with everyone else as it develops.  What is difficult (for most people) is learning it from scratch! Disappointed  

Thankfully my brother is very happy in his career! Standard smile

Mitosis and meiosis! NerdCool Cell division is miraculous! (So is DNA replication!) Heart

I had majored in Spanish but minored in Linguistics.  And yes, our linguistics classes were general (well the examples used specific languages, but the principles were general.)  Wink  If they had a class in Simlish, (even though it isn't a real language with true grammar, etc.) I would take it! :eahigh_file:  Although I still sometimes call pizza "chum chum" and babies "noo boos"! Large smile

Thanks! Yes, my husband has seen some of the scarf I made him (he requested it to honor his favorite sports team!) but I won't let him see the finished result until Christmas. My nieces will love their shawls. I wanted to make them hats but their mom keeps forgetting to send me their head measurements! Oops   I'm making another scarf for someone else right now.  What I don't finish for Christmas I will give for upcoming birthdays. 

Hopefully I can put down the crochet projects this weekend and play Get Famous! Star I already have some stories planned that should use the new features nicely! Party hat  I'm also excited for that ponytail hairstyle that comes in rainbow colors! HeartLarge smile:eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 26 (1,254 Views)

[PC] Hair colour changes automatically applied to every outfit

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT Moschino, Toddler's, Fitness, Backyard and Kids' Room Stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -Create Outfit 1 with a hair colour. -Create Outfit 2. Change hair colour to something else. -Note that the hair colour of Outfit 1 has automatically changed in error - as has every single other outfit in every category. Alternatively, follow these steps - https://imgur.com/a/RID8nMH
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug is that any change made to hair colour on any outfit, is automatically applied to every single other outfit on the Sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect, as I have been told by other players, changes in hair colour to an Outfit 2 to *not* make any changes to Outfit 1, or outfits in any other category.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please see the Imgur link to see steps taken to replicate.

Message 17 of 26 (1,128 Views)

Re: [PC] Hair colour changes automatically applied to every outfit

Hero
@ProfessorBob1 Merging your post with another post on this issue.

I don't think it's a bug.It's always been like that and I think that's just how it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 26 (1,118 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not real sure about that.

I've just come from Reddit asking the same thing, and received multiple comments from users stating that with the exact options I've done, Outfit 2 has had different hair colour to Outfit 1.

Message 19 of 26 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ProfessorBob1 Maybe they were using a mod ? Or maybe they're talking about the hair style and not the color ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 26 (1,098 Views)