Re: Certain Sim can’t cook

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Certain Sim can’t cook

★★★ Apprentice

I have one Sim in my household who is not able to cook. He can bake, but when I click cook... no recipes show up. The fridge doesn’t even show the cook option I have to click on the stove.  At first I thought it was just because he was a teen, he’s a YA now and the issue is still happening. The five other Sims in the household can cook no problem. He also can’t cook grand meals either. I have repaired my game and checked my computer with malwarebytes. 

Message 1 of 6 (565 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Turns out I just had a cursed Sim. I just deleted him and now my game is working a lot better...

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (503 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@AL40491 , can you have your Sim who can't cook , travel to a park that has a grill and cook there?  Or at another Sims' house?  When you travel back is the Sim now able to cook? (Sometiems traveling with a Sim to another lot will reset things, either with the Sim or with the house/lot).  

You can also have them move out and then move back in (or to a new house).  But this is more tedious because you will have to refurnish their home (even if you keep their furniture).  If your home has a lot of furnishings this would be a last resort option. 

Also, are you on a console or on a PC or Mac? If you are on a PC or Mac do you also play with Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering  Mods/CC can become outdated/broken especially after EA releases a game patch.  You will have to test to see if Mod/CC are causing your problem, then find out which one is the culprit , delete it , delete your local thumb cache.package file to get rid of any corrupt data that might be left behind, and then go to the mods/CC creator to see if they have the updated version that works with the most recent game patch that took place on July 23 or 24th. 

If you use Mods or CC please do all of the following in order:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. If you are on a Mac it will just repair the base game.  Do not put your Mods folder back yet! 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, testing it in batches. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, that is compatible with the most recent game update.

Once you have done all this you can add back your Mods folder. Standard smile

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (528 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Turns out I just had a cursed Sim. I just deleted him and now my game is working a lot better...
Message 3 of 6 (504 Views)

Champion

@AL40491 , there is a potion you can learn to make to take curses off Sims , as well as some cheats.  Wink
But I'm very glad you figured the problem out! Thanks for updating us! Angel

Message 4 of 6 (455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 I didn’t mean a curse from the realm of magic pack. He was just a “cursed” Sim
Message 5 of 6 (433 Views)

Champion

@AL40491 , Ah , as in a glitched Sim! Raised eyebrow Thanks for clarifying! Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (412 Views)