Cats and Dogs Missing PC DVD ROM

by Modemsoft

Original Post

Cats and Dogs Missing PC DVD ROM

★★★ Novice

Complaint: I want to purchase Cats & Dogs DVD ROM. I found it on E-Bay with the correct packaging, only to find out after purchase that the DVD ROM has been removed by Origin at source. What is going on ? I expect what I pay for not some download code.

Message 1 of 17 (1,038 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs Missing PC DVD ROM

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Modemsoft

Does it say there was supposed to be a DVD on the box ? Afaik DVDs are no longer sold for PC games. It should say code in a box on the cover

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

It was stated on the Box PC DVD ROM and MAC Download. The whole reason for the order was the PC DVD ROM. All my previous Sims 4 expansions have had this on the DVD Box Cover and contained the DVD. This appears to be a cost cutting measure by EA/Origin.

Message 3 of 17 (1,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Modemsoft

could you post a picture of the box. What country are you in ?

Tagging @EA_Mai for this one.

EDIT: Checked a few stores in my region and I they are all sold as code in a box although they have the dvd sign on the cover. It's a bit misleading, I agree.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai Hi, not sure done this right ! Picture attached of DVD Cover. I am in the U.K. Just had a long (Chat) conversation with EA. Went round in circles. Denied EA problem etc.... Waste of time trying to get any answers. What is shown on the cover is what you should get, if DVD ROM then you get the DVD Rom, not just a code.

Thank you for your interest.

All the best

Message 5 of 17 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just an update. Just received my Cats & Dogs game. All sealed on arrival. See attached pictures

Message 6 of 17 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just an update. Just received my Cats & Dogs game. All sealed on arrival. See attached pictures (Sorry last bit) Please Note the part about Enclosed Disc !!!! All the best

Message 7 of 17 (993 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There is a mention of a disc with installation instructions and the warning not to use it but instead follow the Written instructions.

It seems that the Instruction DVD was removed but for some reason they forgot to remove the warning not to use it. The disc did not contain Cats & Dogs. The Cats & Dogs Expansion are a digital download only.

You will see more and more games only available as downloads.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 17 (986 Views)

Hero

@jpkarlsen It's still false advertising in my eyes. It should clearly state that it's a code in a box like it does for the us version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (984 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict

Yes if it on E-bay was listed as having the whole expansion on DVD rom. Nothing EA can do about that though.

The Box itself only mentions a disc with installation instructions. That obviously had an error as can be seen by the warning not to use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 17 (971 Views)