Re: Cars in The sims 4?

by SimplyJen

Original Post

Cars in The sims 4?

★★★ Apprentice

Maybe you cant buy any cars in the game yet, or am I wrong about that? Because I saw a car on one of my sims neighbours runway so I supose you can buy cars. Wich expansion, gamepack or stuffpack contains cars?

Message 1 of 13 (99,759 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SimonKingMalky

These cars what you see in the game are decorative items plus graphic illusion. They are just as real as the pigeons you see in the game. After the last update, you can even find these models in the debug and set them next to the house as decorations. But they will not move.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 13 (99,725 Views)

★ Guide

There are no functional cars in The Sims 4.

What you're seeing is the animations of passing cars or parked cars tied to worlds and backdrops. You can find those cars with a cheat and use them for decoration but they don't do anything at all. They just sit as decor. Here's the info for the cheat: https://simsvip.com/2019/07/16/the-sims-4-using-the-bb-showliveeditobjects-cheat-to-unlock-new-objec...

Message 3 of 13 (99,724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay I understand... So in wich coming expansion, gamepack or stuffpack will we be able to buy real cars then do you think?

Message 4 of 13 (99,694 Views)

Hero
@SimonKingMalky Moved your post to game info

Carry on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (99,674 Views)

Champion

@SimonKingMalky, while it is possible that the Sims 4 could get moving cars in the future, it isn't probable.Frown  This is because there isn't a real use for car without an open world like the Sims 3 had.  There really wouldn't  be much driving, just our Sims getting into a car and it backing out of the driveway before disappearing and getting a loading screen like cars did in the Sims 2.  Also in TS4 there are some neighborhoods (like the Vampires GP's neighborhood of Forgotten Hollow) that don't have real streets, so cars wouldn't work in those neighborhoods without completely changing them.Disappointed And the Sims 4 isn't going to get an open world because it was built on an entirely different engine than TS3. This is because the open world in TS3 would make the game run really slow even on the best computers, and it would become pretty much unplayable on most people's computers.Devil TS4 alleviated that problem by giving us semi-open worlds! Standard smile  Still, I don't think it is enough for them to add cars to the game.  (And if they did, it wouldn't' be in a Stuff Pack-- it would have to be in either a Game Pack or an Expansion Pack!).  But I think our best bet for moveable cars in the Sims would be if we ever get The Sims 5. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 13 (99,663 Views)

★ Novice
@SimonKingMalky But can you download them.
Message 7 of 13 (73,450 Views)

Champion
@JayR1Yam The easiest way to obtain a life-size car is to go to the build mode and look for the kids toys. There are some cars out there you will be able to place on your lot or lawn. To make these cars bigger use the 'ctrl' and ']' key simultaneously.

There are extra cars available in the game depending on the EP's and AP's you have. In 'Strangerville' you will find a nice life size army truck too.

When these cars are not to your liking, you can download some other brands at Mod the Sims. You will find a wide range of cars out there.

Have fun playing 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 8 of 13 (73,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why do I only get a few cars with the cheat and not all the ones in the game packs? 

Message 9 of 13 (39,443 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@amywrent  You need two cheats to get those cars:

bb.showhiddenobjects 

bb.showliveeditobjects

This pulls up A LOT of stuff that’s all named DEBUG, but some of that stuff does include cars. They’re only for decoration.

Message 10 of 13 (39,406 Views)