by MizzLay2820

Original Post

Cars for Sims4

★★★ Newbie

I wish they make it to where we can drive the cars. Sims 3 is better on ps3

Message 1 of 17 (1,787 Views)

Re: Cars for Sims4

Champion

@MizzLay2820 , The Sims 4 does not have an open world, and the Sim Gurus have said years ago that the Sims 4 can't have and open world  like the Sims 3 does because it uses a different engine.  (I realize you are speaking of the Sims 3 on a console, which was very different from the Sims 3 on a PC or Mac.  And this is unlike how the Sims 4 on a console is the same game as the PC/Mac version. I do not know if the cars in the console version of TS3 functioned anything like the cars in the PC version of TS3 do. )

If the Sims 4 was ever to get cars, they would have to be like the Sims 2 (for PC/Mac) cars in functionality since TS2 did not have an open world either.  This means that we would only see a Sim drive the car off the home lot , where we would have a loading screen, and then drive in front of a community lot or friend's house.  We would not see the journey and would still have a loading screen.  Other things we could do with cars in TS2 were sit in the car and listen to the radio, woohoo with another Sim in the car, and fix up an old car (building skill) and then sell it at a profit.  

Many people would be very happy with this! Party hat  However a lot of people who played TS3 and are expecting cars to function like they did in that game would be very disappointed with TS2-type cars in the TS4 game. 😢 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 17 (1,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 In my opinion, I would be happy with having cars in Sims 2 style, it would still add a lot of realism, plus we could have garages, school buses and taxis brought back too.
Message 3 of 17 (1,726 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LucaslovesSims4 

The vanishing cars has been tried in earlier version of the game and caused massive lag issues. I think that is why they are not in the Sims 4. You can build your own garage if you want to using the garage door mural. and take one of the toy cars that you enlarge and place in the Garage or outside. You can find several examples on the Gallery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 17 (1,718 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen I hadn't realized that the car animation that disappeared when leaving the area caused lag issues. That's disappointing, as I was hoping that they would add some version of that eventually to Sims 4, but it makes sense that they wouldn't with that in mind. 

@MizzLay2820 @LucaslovesSims4 ... In addition to the suggestion that @jpkarlsen made about up-sizing a toy car and creating a garage/driveway to have at least the look of a car on the lot, I thought I would also mention that there are now some nice cars in the 'extended' debug items... (using both hidden objects cheats: bb.showhiddenobjects > bb.showliveeditobjects) ...though, of course, they are non-functional. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 17 (1,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh my goodness!! I would love to have cars again!! I was just talking to my husband about the good old days lol and we were talking he asks why they don't drive. Oh man it would be so cool to teach sim kids how to drive, get a permit, get their license with good enough studying. I want this 😫 

Message 6 of 17 (1,653 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@taely420 

Unfortunately it is not possible in the Sims 4 as there are no open world to drive around in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 17 (1,635 Views)

Champion

@LucaslovesSims4 , I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you... I had some real life issues the past several months.  But I would be totally happy with The Sims 2 style cars in the game as well! 😃

However, considering what @jpkarlsen mentioned with them trying it but it caused way too much lag in the game, we probably won't be getting drivable cars in TS4  Frown(unless they can figure out the lag issues!). 

@SheriGR thanks for your extended debug items and how to find them! 😇

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 17 (1,519 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't think I would care that you can't see them teach them how to drive. I would be okay with just knowing that my adult sim is teaching them how to drive offscreen, and feel proud when they finally earn their permit or license. It would also be cool to add a different object: a driving simulator. Like a racing seat with a TV screen, basically a driving video game. But maybe that levels up their "driving skill". I would also think this skill should be a minor skill with five levels. Permit at three and license at five. Read the driver's book to get to level three or use the simulator, then you can go out in the "real world" a.k.a. Disappear off screen. My boyfriend is very upset that there's no cars. Wish sims 3 was on xbox as every time I get it on a laptop or pc through steam it always crashes after a couple hours. He simply wants to put cars in his garage. I would be okay with cars even just being a decorative object as long as it looked like a usable car and maybe we could name the cars and have that car enthusiast trait from sims 3. It's definitely not "not doable" for them to add cars. Just because it's not an open world and can never be an open world doesn't mean you can't do anything with cars at all. Give the people what they want! And next time you release a "better version" of a game, don't take out important things... Like cars! 

Message 9 of 17 (1,483 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Squiddysquads 

Cars for decoration are possible. You can take any toy car in the game and increase the size. You can see this done on many lots from the Gallery.

Message 10 of 17 (1,474 Views)