Re: Cant upload family to gallery cuz of name..

by TheSwissOpossum

Original Post

Cant upload family to gallery cuz of name..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello...

I think this is racist... i created a family with 2 sims.. 

One is Harshita Padmanabhan and the other is Masami Kobayashi.. when i want to upload them to the gallery, it tells me the name i use is not allowed... like, The Hell????? Why.. because i created an indian woman and a japanese woman?? What is this...

Can someone explain this to me?

Message 1 of 6 (899 Views)

Champion

@TheSwissOpossumit is not racist as there are famous people of European decent that names are flagged in the filter.  The writer of A Christmas Carol is an English author by the name of Charles Dickens who wrote other famous books, and his name has been flagged in the past! Oops  The reasons are not always clear, but there are many words that are not allowed in many languages, including slang words you or I may not be aware of .  My bet is that some part of the name is the problem..Thinking  I have downloaded and uploaded Sims with both Indian and Japanese names with no problem..Standard smile  You can try giving them a different Japanese name and Indian name. 

Furthermore, they created a whole Expansion Pack with ethnic names called City Living.  African and Asian names are included as well as clothing and food from many of these cultures! Cool  So they are hardly racist! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (832 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

How.... 

The names mean something beautyfull!!!

There are no words in it which would be weird or so..

And NO!!! i dont want to change the name because theres a reason i chose those names with meaning!!

No word there is in the name is flagged! Theres nothing perverted, nothing bad, nothing violent ect. 

Harshita means"green" and Padmanabhan means "Lotus Navel" (which comes from the hindu god Vishnu, where the story tell that Brahma came out of a Lotus that came from lord Vishnus navel) in Sanskrit

Masami means "become beautifull" and Kobayashi means "small forest" in Japanese

So... tell me mama, WHAT WORD IS WRONG???? the filter system is just broken af! There is NO reason i shouldnt be able to upload them!!!!!!! 

Message 3 of 6 (806 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TheSwissOpossum - EA's disallowed words filter can sometimes leave one scratching their head, that's for sure. I don't know what word or part of word the filter is flagging, but the only thing you can do is report the issue in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Unjustified-disallowed-words/td-p/3508113

If you care to read through the couple hundred posts, there are several examples of things that might not seem like they should be banned, but contain words within the names that are banned by the filter. You might be able to figure out which name (or part of which name) it is. Then you can decide if you wish to change it in order to upload it, or just enjoy your family personally as you have made them. 

Message 4 of 6 (763 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheSwissOpossum I think I know. It's banning the S-word in part of the name, which is very over-reactive of the censors.
Message 5 of 6 (694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too am having issues with a name. My last name is Hicks and it won't let me upload my Sims. It's sad. 😞

Message 6 of 6 (496 Views)