by RangerKimmy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot start career/story?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy 7
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003404592529
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I created my second sim and was told to go start a career in the restaurant. However, when I tap on the icon to start the "Out of the Frying Pan" story, the only option I am given is "Choose Later."
What do you expect to see? I expected the career/story to start.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I created my second sim and was told to go start a career in the restaurant. However, when I tap on the icon to start the "Out of the Frying Pan" story, the only option I am given is "Choose Later." I tried waiting a while, closing and reopening the app, going to another area and coming back, etc. and nothing seems to work. I cannot progress in the quest to give my second sim this job.

Message 1 of 15 (5,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot start restaurant career/story?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@lmc515@RangerKimmy@nataliemilky27

Please click the big round button in the middle... Standard smile

button.png

(edit Phantom: Added image for clarification) 

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (7,275 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@RangerKimmy

Could you take a screen print? Is it the screen with the big round icon in the middle? What if you click that?

Message 2 of 15 (5,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm getting the same problem with my sims.

My first sim cannot change her job (She's a cook) and my second sim can't join ANY jobs available Frown

The only option I get is "choose later", but nothing happens after waiting or re-opening the app.

Message 3 of 15 (5,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with careers! I also have it with hobbies too! I tried to get a screenshot but my phone wouldn't allow me to send them. It's really frustrating and makes me not want to play anymore and ask for a refund on the money I spent. 

Message 4 of 15 (5,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My username is LiddyMC.
Message 5 of 15 (5,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@lmc515@RangerKimmy@nataliemilky27

Please click the big round button in the middle... Standard smile

button.png

(edit Phantom: Added image for clarification) 

Message 6 of 15 (7,276 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
That's a BUTTON? It just looks like an image, nothing more, especially with text at the bottom ("Choose Later") that would indicate a proper button would be at the bottom. May be better to update the design to better indicate it is a button and not just an image.
Message 7 of 15 (4,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem and I have been trying to get help but not getting anywhere 

Message 8 of 15 (4,842 Views)

Have you tried clicking on the picture with the plates and wine glass @jamieann0103?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 15 (4,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie
FINALLY WORKED IT OUT. When you click the pink bag by the stove and the career comes up, where it says “choose later” at the bottom, LITERALLY just click the circle with image of the plate, tissue and wine glass
Message 10 of 15 (4,658 Views)