Re: Cannot route up ladder.

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Cannot route up ladder.

★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have something either up or down a ladder and select to do something.
What happens when the bug occurs? Action will always be cancelled.
What do you expect to see? Actions route up or down a ladder.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. ECO Living update.

If your sim is at the bottom or top of a ladder and you select to do something on the other side, it will always be cancelled.

"The Shipping Views" for example. There is a vertical garden in the area at the top of the ladder. If your sim is at the bottom, and you select Harvest, it will always be cancelled.

If you are at the top of the ladder, and select to do something at the bottom, like Get Mail on the mailbox, it will always be cancelled.

Actions cannot be routed to the other side of a ladder.

Message 1 of 10 (844 Views)

★★★★ Expert

It's actually started working. It's not 100% of the time.

I would test it further but the sound from that broken fabricator gave me a severe headache and I need to take a break.

Message 2 of 10 (812 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps I'm having the same issue. Sims will walk to the ladder, then wave and shrug and display the "no possible route" speech bubble. They will not use a ladder at all, not even on an empty lot built for ladder testing purposes.
Message 3 of 10 (776 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Moving this to GD for the moment to see if others have similar experiences

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (732 Views)

I tested this in the Shipping Views lot and didn't have any issue. Is it possible something spawned when this happened that blocked the ladder or maybe the sim placed something in the way?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 10 (712 Views)

★★ Novice

Update:

It does appear to work now. I still cannot find a reason for the routing issue as I deleted everything on the lot save the walls and ladders to test this issue, but it *might* have been solved by bulldozing the lot both terrain and building. I've noticed the lot in question -> Shipping Views in Evergreen Harbor *does* come with a lot of routing issues as it's not entirely seamless.

Anyway, it does work now for some reason when it absolutely wouldn't budge before!

Message 6 of 10 (663 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I don't even have eco lifestyle, I'm trying to use a ladder in Glimmerbrook. I also turned off all my mods and cc, and the sim will walk up to the ladder, and get the "no possible route" bubble.

Message 7 of 10 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps I just re-checked and had no issue with my Sim dropping the action or the route to go up two flights over a stairway then a ladder to brush er teeth on the third floor. I'm wondering if the issue may be a Mod &/or CC that is interfering like in this post from last week:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/TS4-Ladders-not-functional/m-p/9185392#M30310

Even if the Mod &/or CC was removed, if the cache file was not also removed, you may not be getting a correct test of whether it's causing the issue. Please try the following:

Please try the following in this order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted.

If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 10 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TiggerIsMyCat24 Please try removing the Mods folder as stated above plus deleting the cache file mentioned. Also, did you test with a fully cleared path around the ladder top and bottom? Keep in mind, also, that Sims cannot carry certain items up/down ladders, if that is possibly a factor in your tests. (ie: Trash, and I think laundry.)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 9 of 10 (566 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Psychotps 

I also had a Sim living on "The Shipping Views"  lot and did run into cancelled actions.
This was especially noticeable when routing is by ladder.
My Conclusion: Actions that may require holding an object to take it to another level will cancel.
Using ladders will not allow Sims to 'clean up' or take out trash. The default action is to carry dirty dishes or trash piles. You will need a sink on each level to clean up dishes. Trash piles require you to direct your Sim to put it into their inventory or drag it to ground level to be taken out.
May not be a solution but it worked for me.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 10 (537 Views)