Cannot get new patients at vet clinic in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

by rmbarabash

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot get new patients at vet clinic in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I really hope this is the right section and this hasn't been asked before. This is about Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. Anyway, I had my sim buy a vet clinic and I'm trying to persue the vet career. However, I cannot get the sign-in podium to allow new customers. I tried clicking disallow new customers then allow new patients. I tried replacing the podium. I just cannot get new patients. I bought the vet clinic today and I have all the expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs with the exception of the Star Wars one. Also of note, after I installed Snowy Escape yesterday, it was coming up, so I ended up uninistalling and reingstalling the whole thing yesterday. I also deleted all my mods. Has anyone experienced this? What should I do?

Message 1 of 7 (4,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot get new patients at vet clinic in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

★★★ Newbie

I think it somehow magically repaired itself when I shut my computer off overnight. I went as other sims and it worked, unlike before. And now the actions seem to be highlighting. Like I said before, I'm technologically challenged.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (4,229 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @rmbarabash,

Can I double check something with you? You mentioned you can't get the sign-in podium to allow new customers. Are customers approaching the podium to sign it and just turning away? When you go to the disallow new patients is it registering there's space on the sign-in podium? Could you pop up a screenshot of what you're seeing also?

In the meantime, please try to repair the game while the mods are removed and clear the cache before trying it again.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 7 (4,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. Thank you for the reply. It's actually the vet clinic that comes with the game, the Brindleton Pawspital. When I'm at the vet clinic, nobody comes to the clinic and tries to sign in. How do I clear the cache? I'm technologically challenged.

Message 3 of 7 (4,244 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @rmbarabash

I used to be the same way with troubleshooting!Standard smileThere is a few steps involved in clearing the cache that will differ depending on whether you're using the Origin Client or the Origin website. Which would you prefer to work with for this? I'll do my best to help with those steps. 

It would help to better understand the issue also. I mentioned these above but could you include the context for these questions in your reply too please?

• Are customers approaching the podium to sign it and just turning away?
  • When you go to the disallow new patients is it registering there's space on the sign-in podium?
  • Could you pop up a screenshot of what you're seeing also?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 7 (4,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I mean that nobody comes on the lot so there's nothing to take a screenshot of. I'm using the Origin client. But yes, I will take a screenshot of the podium.

Message 5 of 7 (4,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think it somehow magically repaired itself when I shut my computer off overnight. I went as other sims and it worked, unlike before. And now the actions seem to be highlighting. Like I said before, I'm technologically challenged.

Message 6 of 7 (4,230 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @rmbarabash,

Well that's great news! - the issue being resolved, not the technically challenged stuff ^^
Thanks for looping back in and letting us know how you got on.

Happy simming o/

Message 7 of 7 (4,212 Views)