Re: Cannot delete grilled food

by stv_strm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot delete grilled food

★★ Novice

I was cleaning up the Family Inventory, and saw an object "grilled food," which must have appeared after a grill or some table was auto-moved into the inventory. I was unable to sell or delete the item, just drag it into the world. I thought perhaps the Sims would be able to throw it away, so I dropped it in the middle of their kitchen (bad idea!).

Now the grilled food has gone bad, which gives them the Uncomfortable debuff, while they refuse to pick up the food. (As you can see from the screenshot, I've tried clearing the area around it.)

I'm also unable to delete it in Buy/Build mode or even pick it up to move it elsewhere. Shift+Click with cheats enabled only gives the option to Reset Object, not to delete it. Reset does nothing.

I'd rather not have to burn the whole house down to fix this issue... Suggestions?

http://i.imgur.com/LAt59qW.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (11,888 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide
Are you able to build a small room around the spoiled food and then delete the room? Have you tried to have a Sim with the kleptomaniac trait swipe the spoiled food? Throwing those ideas out there... I had an issue with un-deletable homework a while back and the kleptomaniac idea took car of my issue.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (11,776 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Happens far too often unfortunately.

I'm unsure if they automatically get cleaned up after a while. How long has it been there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (11,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I ran into this problem today.  Foolishly cleaning out ny merged family's inventory and there were these random weiners that must have been on the grill when the sim I merged into my pre-existing family's lot was grilling maybe...not sure....anyway, nobody can seem to access them and you can't delete them and yes, they are really stinking up the house.  The only thing I can think of doing is evicting the family and putting everyone back in again and seeing if the hot dogs are gone or maybe I'll have to sell off all their possessions.  Or maybe just move them to a bigger house (they need more room now anyway).   Hmmm..seeing as nobody has touched this question since 2014 I'm guessing nobody is going to be answering this either anytime soon so I guess the eviction route is my best option.

Message 3 of 11 (11,794 Views)

★★ Guide
Are you able to build a small room around the spoiled food and then delete the room? Have you tried to have a Sim with the kleptomaniac trait swipe the spoiled food? Throwing those ideas out there... I had an issue with un-deletable homework a while back and the kleptomaniac idea took car of my issue.
Message 4 of 11 (11,777 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@FlamingoKicker 

Have you tried to drag them to a waste bin? Or using the sledgehammer to delete it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 11 (11,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yep.  Tried both those things and it doesn't let you do anything with it besides tell a sim to "Resume cooking"  if the food is still good (which they can't do...just stand there waving at you that they aren't able to access the items) or later "throw away" and the sims can't do that either.  I finally just moved my family out to a bigger better house and then when I saw their inventory after they'd moved in...there were the Demon Weiners.  And I decided I wasn't touching them again and learned my lesson and just left them be in the inventory.

Oh, I don't know any kleptomaniac sims and how would they know to steal that item that nobody can even access?  LOL...Oh well,  I also have a ghost sim in that same household in the entertainment field and she is a "Serious Musiciaon" but for some reason she changes into the Llama mascot outfit when she leaves for her Serious Music job.  I think she's glitched out.  Also it is supposed to only be until 3 p.m. but she's been "at work" for almost 42 hours and she's really red (I just used the mod cheat to green her up or she would die).  But shs's supposedly at work but she's at home so maybe she's a split personaliy?   I'm going to resurrect her as soon as another sim in the house can make ambrosia so maybe that will unglitch her?

Message 6 of 11 (11,759 Views)

★★★ Novice
@stv_strm Building a room around it and deleting the room works! Thanks!
Message 7 of 11 (11,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me. What worked for me was to shut down my computer and load the game again. It disappeared after that. Hope it helps!

Message 8 of 11 (11,182 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Just because this thread is so much fun, and also shows that necroing isn't always a bad move Standard smile

I played a household, testing a lot I built with the Cursed lot trait, and the fires just wouldn't stop, and hot dogs got trapped in limbo piling up in household inventory as some weird result of it, and I could not delete them. I did not try the room idea or the kleptomaniac, I will next time; but instead relied on the purging of inventory saving the household to library, and imported them into another save. Luckily the save I was playing was just for testing, and I could discard it.

Message 9 of 11 (11,157 Views)

★ Guide

You call June  a necro in May? Wow kid's these days; Seriously, it's only 11 months old, I've seen necros from 2016 in 2019...

Message 10 of 11 (11,142 Views)