Cannot carry toddler upstairs to complete actions together (give toddler bath)

by joeyrcar

Original Post

Highlighted

Cannot carry toddler upstairs to complete actions together (give toddler bath)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE:161.15.1020(64 BIT)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday celebration pack (free) only. No extra content bought,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any interaction that involves giving a toddler a bath when Sim is downstairs and bath is upstairs. Click on bath - give toddler bath, Toddler asks for bath. Clicks on toddler - give bath. Or any other toddler/sim interaction e.g. read book together, put to bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Footprint sign to show sim can't get to object.
What do you expect to see? Sim and toddler to interact to complete action e.g. give bath, be put to bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried changing staircase, deleting all objects in bathroom, moving bath to another place upstairs etc. (for example)

Sims and toddler can walk up and down stairs on their own, and interact with all objects upstairs.
The game won't allow the interaction unless they are both upstairs.

Something to do with having to go upstairs is the problem?

If you can spot an issue in the house, it's called family modern and my origin name is joeyrcar.

Message 1 of 9 (4,902 Views)

Re: Cannot carry toddler upstairs to complete actions together (give toddler bat

Hero
@joeyrcar I tested this with my own house and didn't' have any issues so I believe it's something about your house and not a general bug.

Moving this to GD so someone can help you figure out what's wrong with it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,859 Views)

Re: Cannot carry toddler upstairs to complete actions together (give toddler bat

★★★ Novice

I have this problem in the Old salt house as is in San Myshuno. I think its just built like crap. Ive found a few issues with EA builds, which is kind of sad haha.

Message 3 of 9 (4,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this same issue, I reset both of the sims using the Reset Object command and it ended up getting fixed. You can enable this command by going into the console by pressing ctrl + shift + C at the same time and typing testingcheats on in the command bar.

Message 4 of 9 (3,708 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this same issue cannot put child to bed, crib or bath upstairs. Using the Old Salt House.

Message 5 of 9 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think it might be the house as I brought my sim to a different house and it worked no problem. Its just really annoying. I got worried as I had just got a pack so I thought it might have been the pack but I opened a new save and it worked no problem!

Message 6 of 9 (232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also tried more save files and sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't! I hope EA fixes this

Message 7 of 9 (228 Views)

Hi @GalaxyErin09 Is the issue you're having happening with no mods or CC? Test vanilla: Drag the Mods folder to the desktop, delete the file called localthumbcache, open the game to test, and exit without saving.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 8 of 9 (212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No Mods it is only in some houses so it doesn't bother me that much. I just placed a bath downstairs.

Message 9 of 9 (208 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help