Re: Canasta table options

by Chickenvalley1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Canasta table options

★★★ Newbie

Help all you pogo experts out there.  I am trying to find out how I host a game of canasta with customized options?

Message 1 of 4 (848 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi there! When you start a new game of Canasta HD four options will appear on screen - Play Bots, Quick Play, Find a Friend, and Ranked. If you want to host a game click get started under Find a Friend. The next screen will read Find a Table at the top right. Look to the left of this to see the Create a Table button. Click that to be taken to the Create a Table Page that offers a number of options for you to select, like "Is this table private?" to which you would click No or Yes. If you select yes you'll then have the option to input a password to secure your table. Check each option scrolling down until you're satisfied then, if you like your selected options and want to use them going forward scroll down to the very bottom and click the box next to "Reuse same options for next time".

Next, scroll back to the top. Under "Create a Table" you'll see "Table Options" underlined. This is the section you just completed. Click "Game Settings" next to "Table Options" to finish setting up your game. Here are more options to customize your Canasta HD game allowing you to select the duration of the Forfeit Timer up to 150 second (if you use this option; if not select "No forfeit timer" in the pull down menu by clicking the downward facing arrow in the black box of options to the left of "Forfeit Timer". Then select your remaining options by either clicking or un-clicking the appropriate boxes for each option or selecting 1 or 2 for the final two options.

Next click the blue Play Now button at the top of the screen and you'll see "Waiting for Opponents" with a 2-minute timer pop up. That timer can be extended by clicking "Keep Waiting". Once your friend finds your table clicking on the same Find a Friend option at the very start of the game and they click to join you will see their name appear in the chat box and you'll be able to start the game. This is for a one opponent game.

For a three opponent game it gets trickier. Your fellow players will select your table and appear in the Who's Here section same a for two opponents, but instead of starting the game you'll see a button showing that 2/4, 3/4 or 4/4 players have joined and you select that button to be taken to a pop up that randomly assigns your fellow players to one of two teams. To select which players will play on which teams you click next to the first player's name you want to reassign to another team or position and an icon will appears showing two arrows circling each other. Next click on the arrows icon of the team or position you want to reassign that player to. Next you'll be taken back to the original pop up, at which point you click the button on the left again.

(I don't have a screen print, sorry, and the person I normally play with isn't handy to join my table so I see exactly what that button says. Just go with what I say and you'll be fine.)

At this point you'll be taken back to the screen showing which players are assigned to which teams and positions and you can make another change if necessary. This will take you back out so just hit the left button again and you should be finished with all assignments. Then you start the game - this button will be obvious and is the left button again I believe.

That's it. How to reassign players to your own team, etc. for 3 opponent games is not listed anywhere in any instructions I've seen so far. I had to figure this out for myself and am very glad I did so because my friend and I abhor playing against friends so join up on the same team in a four player game against bots (so far). It's fun and an option to try if you like. Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (771 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi there! When you start a new game of Canasta HD four options will appear on screen - Play Bots, Quick Play, Find a Friend, and Ranked. If you want to host a game click get started under Find a Friend. The next screen will read Find a Table at the top right. Look to the left of this to see the Create a Table button. Click that to be taken to the Create a Table Page that offers a number of options for you to select, like "Is this table private?" to which you would click No or Yes. If you select yes you'll then have the option to input a password to secure your table. Check each option scrolling down until you're satisfied then, if you like your selected options and want to use them going forward scroll down to the very bottom and click the box next to "Reuse same options for next time".

Next, scroll back to the top. Under "Create a Table" you'll see "Table Options" underlined. This is the section you just completed. Click "Game Settings" next to "Table Options" to finish setting up your game. Here are more options to customize your Canasta HD game allowing you to select the duration of the Forfeit Timer up to 150 second (if you use this option; if not select "No forfeit timer" in the pull down menu by clicking the downward facing arrow in the black box of options to the left of "Forfeit Timer". Then select your remaining options by either clicking or un-clicking the appropriate boxes for each option or selecting 1 or 2 for the final two options.

Next click the blue Play Now button at the top of the screen and you'll see "Waiting for Opponents" with a 2-minute timer pop up. That timer can be extended by clicking "Keep Waiting". Once your friend finds your table clicking on the same Find a Friend option at the very start of the game and they click to join you will see their name appear in the chat box and you'll be able to start the game. This is for a one opponent game.

For a three opponent game it gets trickier. Your fellow players will select your table and appear in the Who's Here section same a for two opponents, but instead of starting the game you'll see a button showing that 2/4, 3/4 or 4/4 players have joined and you select that button to be taken to a pop up that randomly assigns your fellow players to one of two teams. To select which players will play on which teams you click next to the first player's name you want to reassign to another team or position and an icon will appears showing two arrows circling each other. Next click on the arrows icon of the team or position you want to reassign that player to. Next you'll be taken back to the original pop up, at which point you click the button on the left again.

(I don't have a screen print, sorry, and the person I normally play with isn't handy to join my table so I see exactly what that button says. Just go with what I say and you'll be fine.)

At this point you'll be taken back to the screen showing which players are assigned to which teams and positions and you can make another change if necessary. This will take you back out so just hit the left button again and you should be finished with all assignments. Then you start the game - this button will be obvious and is the left button again I believe.

That's it. How to reassign players to your own team, etc. for 3 opponent games is not listed anywhere in any instructions I've seen so far. I had to figure this out for myself and am very glad I did so because my friend and I abhor playing against friends so join up on the same team in a four player game against bots (so far). It's fun and an option to try if you like. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4 (772 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ladyjn56 how do i set up canasta so it plays no pick up. this is so aggravating.
Message 3 of 4 (698 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Chickenvalley1.

To set it so you can't pick up the discard pile, follow the instructions @martoman129 listed above for creating a table and updating the settings. Then on the Game Settings tab, make sure to checkmark the "Players cannot pick up discard pile" option. From there, click Play Now to start the game.

pogo-spades-gamesettings.PNG

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (653 Views)