Re: Can you recommend a Stuff Pack for playground equipment?

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Can you recommend a Stuff Pack for playground equipment?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think I've decided my next Game Pack - but I'm thinking about bundling it (again) with an expansion, which will likely be Get Together. The Game Pack will be Outdoor Retreat, so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good stuff pack for outdoors kid's stuff to go along with these two? I already own: Realm of Magic, Get to Work, Laundry Day, Parenting, and the freebie DLCs. Looking Preferably for outdoorsy kids stuff, but open to suggestions as well.

Edit: Knew I forgot a pack I owned; CIty Living is mine too.

Message 1 of 6 (1,168 Views)

★ Guide

Parenthood or Toddler stuff should be your best calI think.

Message 2 of 6 (1,160 Views)

★ Guide
@MeltingPenguins I meant "Parenthood" by "Parenting" sorry. But Toddler Stuff is only Toddlers to my understanding, I was more looking for "Child" Age Playground Equipment.
Message 3 of 6 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@LeissaMyst I can't think of many outdoors kid's items in the Stuff packs but Backyard Stuff does have the water slides.

So I see you are looking at Get Together as an EP and yeah it does have the biggest world in terms of the number of lots and it adds social clubs for kids and all other ages as well, but you might want to also consider the Seasons EP. It adds outdoors seasonal activities like roller skating/ice skating, snowball or water-balloon fights, building snowmen (snow pals), trick or treating, plus lots of fun holiday traditions. Heck, kids can amuse themselves just by playing in mud puddles! xD Even if you do go with Get Together for now (it is an awesome pack) you might want to look at Seasons in the future.

Good luck I hope this helps :D

Message 4 of 6 (1,126 Views)

★ Guide

Honestly seasons was a strong second place for my Expansion pack, but the fact is I didn't do much with TS3 version of Seasons so I decided to put it off for another day. Seasonal activities just aren't really my thing tbh; I prefer to wander and roam to/from where I please as far as activities, if I have to fit into a "Pattern" it just gives me a headache; because then I have to make time in my schedule (or my sim's schedules rather) to partake of those events and when they finally do roll around something else may come up. It's better for me to just have a free-form play without the need of going into "timed" events. (Honestly the festivals in City Living are bad enough...)

Message 5 of 6 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Expert

@LeissaMyst I am with you on enjoying a free style of play and not wanting to be constrained by doing things only on a certain schedule. I think most of this works very differently in Sims 4 than it does in Sims 3. None of the seasonal activities I mentioned for Sims 4 are scheduled events. For example, there are skating rinks that spawn in various public locations on a daily basis and you can use them at any time of your choosing. Any activity involving snow can be done pretty much any day of the winter, depending on which world you are in, of course (warmer worlds like Oasis Springs generally do not get snow). The holidays are all-day events but individual participation in any of the traditions is completely optional and the holidays can be changed or deleted entirely in the Calendar if that is your preference.

The main thing I love about Seasons is the variety it brings to all of the worlds. A summer day in Willow Creek feels completely different than a winter day there. The seasons change somewhat gradually so early spring feels different than late spring. Heck, even one day to the next can feel different in the same season just because of weather changes. I love having the sound of wind or rain or even things like hearing geese flying south for the winter on an autumn day. EA really did an amazing job with the visual and sound effects in this pack.

But seriously, Get Together is an awesome choice too. It was the first EP that I bought along with the Outdoor Retreat GP. Windenburg is the largest world in the number of lots and has a great mix of city and rural locations. It's great for build projects. The Club system can be used in so many ways I can't imagine playing this game without it. I use it from everything like a "Date Night" (so that "dates" are not timed events with specific tasks) to large extended family gatherings so that NPC Sim relatives will want to socialize in one place and not continually wander off or leave the lot. There are plenty of other things I love about Get Together & I am certain you are really going to enjoy this pack.

Good luck & have fun!
#stayandplay

Message 6 of 6 (1,043 Views)