Re: Can you change a pre existing sims voice?

by Nyaboofleeky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can you change a pre existing sims voice?

★★ Novice

I made a sim with the new patch, and stupidly, I made my sims while my computer was mute. I made a trans-girl, and since I couldn't hear the game, I forgot to edit the voices. So my trans-girl sounds like a beefy guy, and its weird. I went into CAS and it says something like, "You cannot change the voice of a pre-existing sim." And I cant find out how to change it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (59,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I figured it out! You go to any mirror and click on it. You will get options (of course) Choose the option "Change Sim" and it will bring you to CAS where you CAN change the voices and etc...

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (63,438 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I figured it out! You go to any mirror and click on it. You will get options (of course) Choose the option "Change Sim" and it will bring you to CAS where you CAN change the voices and etc...

Message 2 of 10 (63,439 Views)

★ Novice
Awesome! I made the same mistake. Had headphones plugged in. Didn't hear her voice and forgot to change it. Thanks!
Message 3 of 10 (55,305 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah me too my daughter had a boyfriend and he sounded like a girl so I'm changing it too. Thanks!

Message 4 of 10 (51,593 Views)

★ Novice
Where is the option? I can't find it!
Message 5 of 10 (51,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to do a cheat to do it sometimes so press "shift" "alt" "c" and put "testingcheats true" then put "cas.fulleditmode" this shall enable you to change the voice and anything else mid game!

Message 6 of 10 (51,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Doing this allows you to change the voice using dressers or closets though

Message 7 of 10 (51,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are two ways, click "Ctrl alt c"land then type in the bar testingcheats true,once you do this,type in cas.fulleditmode and then it will take you to editing,once you do this,there will be a bird,candy,horn,fire, and all that you click on one and it changes the voice.the bar under it with the circle is so you can change the pitch.hope I helped!

Message 8 of 10 (49,139 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah for adults, but what about kids??

Message 9 of 10 (28,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad this was here. My male sim aged up from child to a teen and wowza, sounded very girly. While planning outfits decided I definitely wasn't going to be able to take it long term Standard smile 

Message 10 of 10 (28,222 Views)