Can you buy DLC in Steam and it shows up in your game through Origin?

by jennydb91

Original Post

Can you buy DLC in Steam and it shows up in your game through Origin?

★★ Novice

Hi! I have seen a lot of people ask if they can transfer their Origin games to Steam - but few have asked about the other way around. IOW, can I buy an Expansion pack for The Sims 4 on Steam even though I only have the base game and the expansions I currently own through Oirgin? 

If I buy for example Get together on Steam, download it etc., and then later open my game in Origin - will Get together be there as a pack? 

The sale on Steam ends on the 9th, so if I do not get any answers before then I will try to buy a stuff pack to check if it shows up as installed in the game. 

To make it clear once again: I am NOT interested in redeeming the games I own on Origin through Steam, I am interested in knowing if you can buy DLC through Steam and it will show up in the game even if it is bought through Origin. 

Message 1 of 4 (8,818 Views)

Re: Can you buy DLC in Steam and it shows up in your game through Origin?

★★ Novice

I just went ahead and tried to buy one of the cheaper stuff packs. Steam doesn't let you buy DLC unless you have the base game.

Message 2 of 4 (8,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, thanks. If I have to buy TS4 in Steam anyway, and then the DLC I want, it would cost about the same as an Origin bundle... so might aswell just buy that. Of course, it might still save money in the end to buy the game in Stram and then buy all later packs there because Steam has sales more often. 

Message 3 of 4 (8,754 Views)

Hero
@RancidPigeon Thanks for testing that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (8,726 Views)